can I be sterilised at 25

Posted , 5 users are following.

For my own personal very valid reasons and having 2 children I am wanting to be sterilised does anyone know if they will even touch me. .. I've been doing a lot of research and says they can't deny it to me through age, but read somewhere else they like to operate only on women over 30 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

hi kayleigh I'm 32 and sterlizled  I was sterilised because of medical reason in 2006. I'm now getting it reversed next week. I went to see if I can have it on the NHS  but no its private n a lot of money. But saying that when I did go to the drs they said I was too young to be sterlizled  in 2006 after my 2nd c - section she also sed if I went to her now and even if my family did they wudnt  sterilis me. my mate had it done at 28 but it was a court order. so I doubt they will do it. You can only but ask ur G.P  if he/she will consider doing it. Good luck x
  • Posted

It all depends on your circumstances...i am 24 and getting it done in a couple of weeks because I get really bad migraines on any sort of hormone contraception.. x
  • Posted

hey girls, im 29 and today been strerlised due to my 3rd child being born at 23 weeks and now he has alot of medical things wrong with hi, the doc was very reluctant to operate because of m y age but they did, im in so much pain even as i wright thsm i cant even roll on to my side x 
  • Posted

hi kayleigh sorry to hear about baby hope he's doing well.he's in the best place my first girl was born at 26weeks and 3baby being girl born at 32weeks plancental adrubtion emergency csectioin wiv her then my last one born full term boy planned c section the sterilisation lyk a pilloic lol. got it reversed now thank god this year had it done costing £4250 in Nottingham bmi.
  • Posted

Yes!

I got sterilized at 23, and I don't have any children at all.

I was sterilized in America. But I know there are places in the UK that will sterilize younger women as well. I believe Marie Stopes is one of them.

There are some countries with laws against sterilizing until a certain age, but many only require you to be of legal age.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.