Can I claim PIPS having trigeminal neuralgia

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I have applied for Personal Independant Payment, not sure if I will get it, I have got an appointment with Dial who is going to help me complete thr form in 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dawn, I'm not an expert, but DIAL is so you're meeting with the right people.  My understanding is that PIP is not related to a specific diagnosis but to the disability that you live with and focusses on what you can and can't do on a day to day basis.  So in preparation, you need to be thinking about can you work full time or part time, is there a different job you could do, what help do you need with day to day tasks like getting washed and dress, are you able to drive or travel by public transport, etc.  Good luck with it.

• Posted

Hi I am working full time at the moment, i was a housing support worker in december 2016 when diognosed with TN and have struggled since I have tried several different jobs since and I am unable now to work in that field. I am now a pot washer in a hospital, I take tegrotol and gapatine daily, I am still in pain all day and every day due to me not taking the correct dosege meds as the meds make me lose my memory and I wouldn't be abl to do the job, I am under stress all the time due to the pain which then makes me forget things even more. I should be on the sick . and get the meds to the correct doesage xx

• Posted

Dawn - I'm so sorry to hear that you're not able to manage at the moment.  Of course, everyone is different but one tip I can give about medication is to set the alarm on your smartphone (assuming you have one) so that you take your medication strictly evenly throughout the 24 hours.  This will mean that you have a steady level of medication in your blood and therefore more likely to get the pain more manageable.

• Posted

where not allowed phones, I could hide it , If my colloegues notice the alarm they will tell the team leader, They have noticed that I take meds, I have been making a lot of mistakes and forgetting things, its only a matter of time before they have me in the office for forgetting things, I have only been there 4 weeks, I have got advice from the union and they cant just sack me and they are willing to sit in with me if I have to see the boss. I cant afford to go on the sick just now. Thank you Heather for your advice I appricieate it. 
  • Posted

Hi just came across this. I too have the same and was wondering if I could claim pip . Did you have any look with your application thanks xx
    • Posted

Hi carol i have applied for pip i suffer with bilateral trigeminal neuralgia since the age of 7 but was only diagnosed this year i have now had my interview yesterday and was advised they will contact me in 4-6 wks. Did you apply ?
  • Posted

Hi dawn, 

I also suffer with nurelgia and I’m currently taking Gabapentin 500mg one three times a day.

I was thinking of also claiming pip but just wanted to know if you did manage to get it yourself?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.