Can i drive straight away after having my Mirena Coil fitted????

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm having a Mirena Coil fitted tomorrow and i was wanting to know if i can drive straight away?????

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Usually you can. However, some people are very sensitive and after having it inserted they have nausea and dizziness. There's really no way to know if you will be one of those people, but if you are ultra sensitive, it's quite possible that could happen. My friend had the dizziness for about four hours afterwards, she drove herself home, but her 17 year old daughter was in the car with her and kept her alert. I wouldn't recommend driving alone at least, and would leave yourself time to rest for the remainder of the day.
  • Posted

Hi,

I was fine to drive to be honest its more of an after thing when the hormones from the marina start too kick in,it hurts when putting the coil in(not as bad as giving birth) so take pain relief before hand.Good luck with it i recommend you read all discussions on this site to get all the information of the side effects as your in for a few months of your body getting used to it.A lot of different things happen to your body that you havent had before which is due to the hormones in the marina.jules

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.