Can I get help if I'm underage? + renting

Posted , 3 users are following.

(i apologize for my bad English, it's not my native language.)

Hello guys! Whenever I read something on this website, therapy or doctors or things like that are involved...I feel like I'm the only one who's not allowed to do anything. I'm 16, female. 100% having social anxiety disorder and probably a few others. My parents are totally, totally against therapy, psychologists and everything that's mental health related. I've talked to them a lot of times about it and tried talking about my anxiety disorder and everytime it turned into a fight. The anxiety is affecting my whole life and my parents yell at me ALL.THE.TIME. for it. They call me names and threaten me and curse a lot and they are very very hostile. They don't actually beat me up physically, only some shoves here and there. I always have to hide every kind of mental instability from them because i get punished and I'm not allowed to go out and do what people my age do. They forced me to move with them to Germany an year ago, although my brother was allowed to stay in Romania (that's where I come from).

At school I am known as "the girl who never speaks" and teachers tell me every week to talk more in class and participate. They also discussed with me alone and all i could say is that i really can't and I wish I could but they don't understand sad i tried talking to them about my anxiety but they keep telling me that no one will laugh at me if I speak broken German and that I have to.

I don't know what to do, I don't have anyone who could help me out. I don't have any friends here at all and I feel like I can't stand this anymore. I am so very alone and I really wish I could go to therapy but with my parents, it will never happen sad

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Does your school offer therapy or counselling?
    • Posted

I don't think so. I'm new to the school system. I thought about it though, but I get really anxious when I want to go and ask, but I really wish I could because I've heard a lot about the school counselling. Although again, not sure if they have that where I live and if I can do it without my parents finding out sad

Thank you so much for replying<3>

• Posted

Please talk to the school nurse or the girls counselor.  Even tho you are under age there is lots you can do within the school.  Get some books and read or look on line for things that may help you.  Sorry your parents are not on your side on this issue so it is time to take it into your own hands.  Even the school library should have books related to axiety and talk to the librarian!  Good luck.  My parents were like your and when I moved out at 16 (not recommending that, extremely difficult) I was able to access people to help me get therapy and meds that help.  Interacting with people who totally don't get what you are going thru or don't believe what you have is real is frustrating and I would keep what you are feeling to yourself around them.  Good luck and don't stop looking for that person who can help you get the help you need.
    • Posted

I always think about moving out but of course I'm not allowed to. But I honestly can't wait to do that, i'm also searching for a part time job to save some money. But I'm sorry it was hard like that on you sad

I know there are a lot of things I can do, happilysmile and I'll make sure to also search on the internet to see who I can speak with at my school and everything.

Thank you very much for replying

• Posted

Why are your parents so against it? Are they scared? Im so sorry. In the meantime read through the forums or write questions you have and maybe we can all help you. Social anxiety at your age is common. Being moved around and uprooted is hard. Speaking a different language makes it more stressful. Hopefully there will be a person or two who is kind to you. If a teacher says something to you explain you feel nervous as this is all new to you, new school and new language. There are other kids that have the same as you.somehow maybe you can figure out which ones. This is a difficult situation for you. You seem very smart. You already know three languages. They have books and youtube stuff you can look it up. Did younhave social anxiety back home..
    • Posted

I don't know why they deny it so much. And yeah it is pretty common, unfortunatelysad and yeah I had this at home too, but not as bad as it is here.

Thanks a lot for saying that about the languages ;v; you are very nice <3>

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.