Can I give oral if we both only have hsv-1 orally?

Posted , 4 users are following.

If me and my partner both have hsv-1 (oral only) could she get hsv in the genital area from me giving oral?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi, john53994

If you and your partner have oral herpes, I think oral sex will spread the virus to your partner genitals. Then, she may contract genital herpes. Be careful!

• Posted

Hi john53994

Your partner may get genital herpes thorugh oral sex. As you said that you got oral herpes. So, having oral sex during an outbreak will easily give the virus to your girlfriend. 

• Posted

So unluckily! I got genital herpes from my partner due to oral sex. I didn't see his oral herpes. Why I get it in my genitals?

• Posted

hi, emma50504

Even though oral herpes doesn't appear, the virus still spreads to your body if your partner have had it before. You may be unlucky to get it. Have you treat them? I think hsv may cause more discomfort

• Posted

Many people told me to use tea tree oil, but it didn't work for me. I also apply apple cider vinegar. Unluckily, my skin gets burning, tingling. Should I try to apply cream? 

• Posted

hi, emma50504

Your skin may be sensitive, so it's easy to have an allergic with these home remedies. Before using, you should dilute them with water to avoid allergies. But, if home remedy doesn't work for you, you can try to apply creams, FDA-approved products is safe and effective. You can look for them on the internet. Hope you choose suitable creams. 

• Posted

Hi, jenifer1303

Bumps on genitals get more itching and pain now. I'm trying to find out a product for my sensitive skin. There're lots of products, but I still haven't found which ones work best. 

• Posted

If your bumps are more severe, you should ask doctor to diagnose and prescribe medications. As I know, famvir, valtrex and zovirax are antiviral drugs used to treat genital herpes and prevent outbreaks. You also apply prosurx if you don’t wanna take drugs. I and my classroom used to apply it, but it works depend on each individuals. It took me 5 days while my roommate only waited 3 days. Luckily, outbreaks haven’t recurred until now. It’s just my experiences that I’d like to share with you. Hope you find out suitable treatments. 

• Posted

Thanks for your helps, I'm applying the cream that you told me as I don't wanna take oral medicines. I hope it can cure my condition. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.