Can I have a drink yet??

Posted , 7 users are following.

I took my last 400mg tablet this morning at 8am, i am planning on going out tomorrow evening. If i have a drink at 9pm will i be ok? I weigh 132lb. Will this be out my system?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Poppy

Medication clearly states wait 48 hours! I certainly wouldn't drink will probably make you sick.  Hard I know but give it a couple of days. Judy

• Edited

I joined this to WARN anyone who has taken this medication. DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL!!!! Wait atleast a week after. I drank 48 hours after taking this thinking I was in the clear and I literally cannot tell u the pain and violent illness I had. at 35 I can say this was the worst most painful scary experience of my entire life! Shaking see flashes of light so weak I couldn't get up to puke over and over heart palpitations paranoia very low blood pressure flushing It was a nightmare and I thought I was in the safe zone. I am 155 lbs so maybe my bmi is higher than average and I didn't metabolize the flagyl ( for bv)pills in a timely fashion. But it is not worth a little buzz I promise u. It does something to Your liver and makes you toxic. Please take my word for it I never join these forums I felt the need because I really could t find anything also if u are going through what I did right now searching for answers go to the hospital and get over fluids first! They can't reverse it it has to play its self out but you will dehydrate if you don't. I could t find not one answer on any forum so there it is.

• Posted

Thank you for this. I thought id check as i have my xmas part tonight. i wasn't sure if i should take the risk but after ready this i will defo not. thanks for your post. I will have to be the photographer at take photos of all my drunk work colleagues, take care xxx

• Edited

glad i just read this i finished metronizadole last night. i am going to friends sat so was going to drink would be 100 hours after last one? when did you drink and was it alot?

were you ok on the drugs or did they react with you? sounds awful.

• Posted

Me and my husband had a bottle of Pinot Grigio Santa margarita and he said I was stumbling around and seemed way more drunk than I should of been. I don't even remember to be honest but he said I didn't even finish my second glass before I stated to act funny and say take me home.

• Posted

If I take my last flagyl by 9a.m., I am good to have a glass of wine by the next evening at dinner time.  I think everyone reacts differently to this medication.  It depends on how long you have been taking it as well as the dosage.  It is scary and better to be safe than sorry if you are unsure.  This medication has the same ingredient as Antabuse, the drug given to acoholics to deter them from drinking by making them violently ill if they consume alcohol. sad

• Posted

NO! You must wait 72 hours!!please don't make the same mistake I did I waited 2 nights and was never so sick in my life😢 I thought I might die. My pharmacist after I got well I asked her and she said 72 hours at the very least. It's it worth it trust me I paid dearly

• Edited

So i had my last one on Tuesday at 10pm. 

I have a golf day tomorrow, I am driving but was hoping to have maybe one wine or half a larger which would be 5pm?

That would be! 65 hours?

if i forgo that one we are going to our friends in sat night for a meal out. i am not a big drinker anyway so would probaly have 2 drinks that would be 90 hours.

I am not totally paraniod (bit of a worrier anyway) ?

• Edited

I'm not a doctor all I can say is I was told after I got sick that I should have waited at least 72 hours not the 48 I waited. My best advise is sip slow and the first sign would be flushing like feeling hot red chest and neck. That was my first symptom. And some stomach ache. If that starts to happen stop the alcohol and drink water as much as u can.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.