Can I just stop taking them if I've only taken one pill?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hiya, so I took Mirtazapine last night as the doctor prescribed it to treat anxiety. Fell asleep rather fast and woke up initially feeling refreshed. However, I had to come home from work as I felt so spaced out and sick (the motion of travelling knocked me ill) and I have a huge phobia of throwing up. I don't like the heavy feeling it's having on my head so I'd rather just come off them, I know I've only taken one and it's all new and stuff but I like to listen to my body.

The question is, is it safe to just stop taking them since I've only take on 15mg pill?

Thanks for any and all help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would think yes. you may not feel well a couple days but since it's one pill it will pass as it's not built up in your system. everyone is different but I tried to reduce once from 7.5mg to 5.62mg after only taking a couple of weeks and got extremely sick so it scared me enough to go back up. now planning on a long taper to try and avoid bad withdrawal symptoms.

• Posted

Hello Cara,my advice to you is not to take any more of them they will be gone out of your system by tomorrow,as for relaxation I use cbd drops I find them very good and I can take them along with Venlaxine with no side effects.

• Posted

I agree I wish I had not taken them at all. now in for a long tapering. I've only been on 2 months and a week but I'm afraid I'm one of the unlucky ones that will get withdrawals if I go too fast.

• Posted

if you think you can get by without i agree just stop. my doc was far too trigger happy to give me them and coming off them was not fun. about 5 weeks off them now after tapering and only now starting to feel myself

• Posted

Please give it more time, I am on it for Anxiety, Depression & Emetophobia (fear of being sick) like you said, it is anti-emetic which means the pill tends to knock out the Nausea feeling you get over time. It also helps you eat & sleep better which is a blessing. Give the 15mg time to work, I have been on for 3 weeks now & went out to a restaurant & ate in public again for the first time in months yesterday without feeling anxious. Good luck!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.