can i make magnetic (Mri) resonance instead of gastroscopy (endoscopy)

Posted , 1 user is following.

i was diagnosed with esophagus hernia in 2009 but since i lost weight in 2010 it stopped giving me any symptom.

but now it has started bothering again although i kept my weight the same (sorry for the English) and a tried since a month to eat less, i also limited food to mostly white rice and boiled potatoes but nothing have improved or worsened since.

i have done in 2009 a gastroscopy and i don't want to do it again because my body reacts very bad to it.

when i did one i kicked hard without wanting one of the doctors back in 2009 without mentioning the pain, i really can't do another.

question is will Mri (magnetic resonance ) give doctors same amount of info regarding hernia dimensions, cancer (if any) or Barrett's esophagus (if there ) like a gastroscopy would ?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.