can I really blame this on my thyroid

Posted , 5 users are following.

First off can really blame this on my thyroid . My long-term live-in boyfriend of 14 years  is so fed up with all my problems .  All I do is sleep I’m constantly too fatigued to even do anything except go to work . I do work 40 hours a week plus’s overtime.  I will get up and spend time with my daughter who is 15 and I don’t have custody of her I spend one day a week with her .  I’m always asleep he’s tryed to encourage me to get up and be more productive but it’s really worn on him.  I hate it because all set they’re in bed almost arguing with myself to get up but I just can’t get my body to move.  I’m constantly missing out on things I really look forward to do .  Can I really believe that my thyroid ?  Besides the last year I’ve developed major aches and pains I’ve also put on a lot of weight .  So refreshing become a major issue to . Finally I’ve been diagnosed recently with Hashimoto’s but I’ve been hypo for over 20 years. Then there’s the craziness I’m constantly arguing constantly difficult is been really hard on him can anyone offer any advice before I lose him

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

You're not lazy if you work 40+hours , but if you need to sleep less and be more active your Endo could prescribe additional thyroid supplement , I'm on Synthroid too

• Posted

Personally I think it could be that your thyroid's playing up and you haven't yet got a reign over it (I have congenital hypothyroidism - no thyroid gland).

I'm single so I can't really say much about what you're going through. But from a guy's perspective and if I was in your shoes, then I'd tell him what I'm going through in terms of my health and I'm struggling to manage it. I'd tell him the symptoms and that even though it might not look like I do much... I'm doing as much as I can within my capacity.

I know someone else on this forum will definitely give far better advice than me. I'm still inexperienced in terms of life. 😅

But I wish you the best. And just remember that no matter what negative thing people may say, you're friggin' tough for living your life whilst being weighed down by your health.

• Posted

It's definitely your thyroid.  Have you had a blood test recently. Are you taking thyroxine.  I have been on thyroxine for about 46 years and just now I think my levels are wrong. I could sleep every time I sit down and feel tired all the time. Do you yawn a lot 

• Posted

I will need to go to sleep if I ever sit down for more then 10 min. I take armour 90 mc. Daily. I just had blood work done my thyrooglodloeu was 2 and my  thyroid poroxiden  antibodies are  50,  my Endo chronologist did not request this test I saw on my own Ruben Valdes who wrote thyroid hack.  He is  functional  medicine doctor.  He wants to find the root cause so that he can help me feel better but it’s $9000 for six months to be seen by him . I’m not gonna be able to awford the 9000 so I’m not sure what I’ll end up doing.
  • Posted

Hi Rachel, that sounds pretty typical of thyroid disease. It can be extremely dibilitating! People don't understand, and when you aren't up to things, people eventually give up and stop asking you to do things. All you need to do is ask yourself one question- are you a lazy person by nature? My guess is no, since you've managed to hold down a job, maintain a relationship and raise a child while dealing with subclinical thyroid disease for decades! To be honest, with thyroid disease, maintaining even one of these three is a huge accomplishment! You’ve managed all three- YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

Can you ask your BF to try to help you solve your illness and conditions by helping you do research to find diet and supplements and other natural treatments that you can incorporate into your life to improve your thyroid health?

Hashimoto’s is an autoimmune disease, often accompanied by other autoimmune problems, gut problems, pancreatitis, malnutrition, and many symptoms. So to start, you have to treat the autoimmune disease by limiting dietary triggers and cleansing. Beware- synthetic thyroid medications can actually trigger autoimmune disease and cause an even worse downward spiral. 

Once you do what you can to limit immune triggers, you have to deal with the other symptoms, most importantly, the malnutrition. So get yourself some good quality vitamin and mineral supplements with coblimated Bs. Liquid chlorophyl from mulberry leaves can be very energizing.

The liver, gallbladder and pancreas can become sluggish or sick due to low body temp. Cleansing and dietary changes can help.

Id also recommend reading up in hormones because if you've had thyroid disease for decades,  you most likely have adrenal exhaustion as well. Funky menstral cycles, low progesterone and high cholesterol are all associated with hypothyroid disease.

So take a breath, go easy on yourself and ask for help. Many of us understand and have found coping mechanisms.

Ask as many questions as you need to. Read through previous posts on thyroid disease, Hashimoto’s and Levothyroxin.

Good luck!

• Posted

You seem to know a lot about thyroid problems this is a good forum for everything associated with health. 

CAn you tell me what the difference is between just plain hypothyroidism and hashimoto's disease. 

When my medication is right I don't seem to have many problems - if I have ever been over medicated I get palpitations but otherwise am ok. I know just now being tired all the time hypothyroidism is probably the cause. 

• Posted

I will need to go to sleep if I ever sit down for more then 10 min. I take armour 90 mc. Daily. I just had blood work done my thyrooglodloeu was 2 and my  thyroid poroxiden  antibodies are  50,  my Endo chronologist did not request this test I saw on my own Ruben Valdes who wrote thyroid hack.  He is  functional  medicine doctor.  He wants to find the root cause so that he can help me feel better but it’s $9000 for six months to be seen by him . I’m not gonna be able to awford the 9000 so I’m not sure what I’ll end up doing..  sounds like you understand functional medicine very well a lot of what you said is what he recommended .  Only thing is I started taking armor about a year ago started out really good thought I saw notice and how I was feeling .  But about a year later it seems like it’s not working anymore and I’m even more tired .  The doctor explained to me that it’s because it’s a foreign key three so my body excepted it at first but now it’s fighting it off also .  Lego build up a tolerance to it .  So what do you think I need to request from my endocrinologist instead of armor thyroid . When I took the level Levi thyroxine and the Synthroid I never ever felt any different. 

• Posted

Hey Rachel. Really sorry to hear what your going through. I can relate as me and my boyfriend had similar issues when I was diagnosed. I can honestly tell you that some of it will be in your head. You need to have a more positive outlook I read the book the secret and it changed my life!! It's about getting up setting goals and only using positive words like I can do this! The more you put it in practice the more it will help you get up! Also I started taking CBD oil which helped with overall stress and kept me more at a sane level. Since all this me and my boyfriend rarely argue unless he leaves dirty dishes in the sink haha! I hope this helps xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.