Can i really do this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok so my addiction started about 7 years ago with a foot surgery. From there my drug of choice has been Oxycodone. I have bought pills, traded with friends. Lately I’ve started drinking to where now I’m addicted to both... awesome. I feel like crap today after my daughter telling me i slept walked into her room. And maybe it really was sleep walking but I’m guessing it was drinking. I wake up every 2 hours needing a drink and last night i was so happy to have slept 8 hours straight except when i looked at my vodka bottle i realized i must have woke up and drank. I never get drunk. It’s one shot every couple hours. This isn’t an excuse or ok as i realize this is a problem. But obviously something is happening and it’s getting worse and will get worse and worse. 

I want to stop both of these habits so bad but like many (an excuse but really does affect decisions) i have a family and we can’t be without my income. 

I know withdrawal and detox will suck especially since i still have to work (i called in today because I’m detoxing from pills and i feel awful but i can’t keep calling in) so I’m just seeing how many did cold turkey and how you got through it? 

With new laws on prescriptions i want to be able to quit while I’m ready rather than being forced to. 

Hopefully this forum will help me as i don’t have anyone to really talk to because I’m too embarrassed to tell anyone. 

But i can’t keep up the monthly “sick” excuse. I have to quit it all. And before my alcohol requires a hospital stay because  i know how fast that can happen. 

Thank you in advance... 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Melchar.

I'm no professional but, you really do need professional help.

I know you say you're too embarrassed to talk to anyone but I beg you, please talk to your Dr, you'd be surprised just how helpful they will be!

So, even though I really wish i could give you the advise you need, all I can say is PLEASE, talk to your Dr as they can & will offer the help you need!!

Good luck & take care

Ritchie xx

• Posted

I know you’re right. I do need to. And i have an amazing dr and i know she will help. 
  • Posted

Hi there Melchar 🙂

first step you’ve realised it’s a real problem for you and you have.

i was a heroin addict for 15 years I am now 40 yrs old and am 23 clean I Never thought I would do it.

You can as said before go to your dr say how bad it’s got they can only help if they know all of the picture.

Maybe this is the time to reach out get help.

YOU CAN DO IT

please get the help and advice you can as soon as you can would be my advice sooner rather than carry on this cycle and addiction. Life’s better on the other side it’s hard but I did it you can too!! 

Be kind to yourself please

take care

vicky 🙂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.