Can I stop A low dose of Effexor XR cold turkey after two week and start a new AD In it’s place?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Long story short,( I'll try) I started having anxiety and panic attacks out of nowhere. Went to clinic Dr. gave me Paxil. Didn't feel right after two weeks. Decided to go to a different Dr. recommended by my dad. Told new Dr. how i felt, she decided to take me off Paxil Cold turkey. But come back and see her after a week( meds should be out of my system) Felt ok actually, but had one bad panic attack at work. Dr. decided to put me on a low dose of Effexor Xr 37.5 mg. Its been 2 weeks and 4 days of hell!! Anxiety and panic attacks have worsened and developed intrusive thoughts and depression!! I cant live in fear . I cant live like this! So today i went back to see my Dr. She decided to start me on n Wellbutrin ( Bupropion) and Buspirone . One for depression and one for anxiety! ( Keep in mind i was not depressed before the Effexor) Anyhow, my question is.... Can i stop the Effexor Xr 37.5 cold turkey tonight and start the Bupropion ( Wellbutrin) . I felt like this is not a good idea. I brought this to the Dr. attention and she said its a low dose and i have not been on it long and its in an extended release form so no way to taper off. I am scared to death and my anxiety is worse thinking about it. Also, I looked up Effexor and Wellbutrin and they say its dangerous to mix the two!!!Interaction can be deadly. I know i wont be taking them together but wont the Effexor still be in my system for awhile. Im seriously scared! Anyone have answers to my concerns. I feel like this is not safe. Help?

Venlafaxine is the Generic form i am taking

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.