can i stop after just two days

Posted , 4 users are following.

i have been taking pregablin 50mg in the morning and 50mg at night for 2 days , is it safe to just stop after such a short while . 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes you should be ok, I stopped amitriptyline after a week and I was fine. Why do you want to stop?
    • Posted

i am so unsure about taking taking this med , as i know it is not directly made for anxiety also a lot of people who have taken it have said that the body can get used to it very quickly and so you have to increase the dosage and it has a tendency to poop out , it also has hoorible withdrawel effects , i have taken it for two days and have completly space out and dizzy and made me very tired and lethargic , and thats on a small dose , i just dont think think this is the right med to go on ,  
  • Posted

Hello Terry, I haven't tried mine yet to worried, why have you decided to stop, Is it the side effects, if so what have they been? i cannot advise you to stop as that would be wrong of me.

Elizabeth 

• Posted

thanks for your reply elizabeth , as i have posted in my reply to amy i dont think it is the right med for me , i have taken a lot of meds over the years and now am so worried about withdrawel and this med seems to be hard to withdraw from , it is good for anxiety but not good for depression in fact people have reported that it makes them feel depressed , i pluck up the courage more out of desperation than anything to take them but in my mind i dont want to be hook up on another drug , hope this helps 
    • Posted

Hello Terry, My GP emphasised that the withdrawal would be difficult, he said even after 1 week if i found them too strong i was to ring him for a lower dose to withdraw. This is why i decided not to try them. I am on Citalopram which works fine except for the weight gain. Pregablim can also cause weight gain. I also don't want to get hooked on another drug.

I've made my mind up now, not going to take them.

Elizabeth. 

• Posted

i have stoped after 2 days took 50mg yesterday morning an today i feel 10 times worse anxiety and depressed ,, also feel very tired i have taken the cit for 8 weeks now and if anything i feel more depressed than before i started , i really only had bad anxiety which led to depression but now its the other way round . but i dont think the pregablin is the answer
  • Posted

Hi, I'm just curious about the side effects of Pregabalin - is one of them weight gain?

I was taking 400mg twice a day and sometimes an extra midday dose of 200-400mg for well over a year for nerve pain due to long term slipped disc/arthritis damage and my weight has crept up by over a stone!

I stopped taking it out of complete desperation just over a month ago. I stopped abruptly for a few days but felt funny so dropped the doses gradually over the next week.

The side effects were strange, I suppose I should have realised that it was affecting every nerve in my body and not just the damaged ones - everything was soooo sensitive for a while, I was much more affected by pollen and every scratch or knock was like an electric shock! Still a little like that now but I feel much brighter and have a little more energy (I also have m.e) than I've had for ages. I can't tell if I've lost any weight yet though as I daren't weigh myself!

I should add that I also gave up taking Sertraline (for social and everything else anxiety😞) at the same time because I started that at almost the same time.

I haven't told my Gp yet as I get repeat prescriptions and visit as little as possible because I get so panicky in waiting rooms.

Apologies for the long post! 😀

• Posted

Hello just read your post to Terry and wanted to say that most drugs can cause weight gain thou for some people it can cause weight loss. I am on Cit and have put on over a stone. I was prescribed Pregablim for nerve pain and have decided not to take it as i am on other meds, so will try and manage without. Mainly because i don't want anymore weight gain and the side effects. 

• Posted

Hi, thanks Elizabeth, that's good to know that I probably did the right thing. I'm already taking (for last 5 or 6 yrs) Tramadol and Naproxen and Cocodamol for pain and Omeprazole for reflux but I managed to lose weight while on that lot so I'm not too worried about them! I seemed to start gaining when I had a mirena coil fitted but I had that out a year ago and after all the bad things I'd read I expected to lose loads afterwards but it got worse! I eat healthily but am very immobile which doesn't help. I don't think a big glass of vino so I can try and sleep most nights helps much either! It's all a vicious circle, not much fun! 😊
    • Posted

Hello, You sound a lot like myself, i am on Naproxen, Gaberpentin, Nefopam and Coedine for pain, nerve pain is awful. I am inmobile due to Arthritis. Had my left knee replaced twice and i am only 58 now. I have Arthritis in the spine and my right knee is causing problems, awaiting hospital appointment. Are you on the Arthritis forum? If you want to talk anytime just PM me.

Take care.

Elizabeth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.