Can I stop cold turkey with the aid of a benzodiazepine?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am only a week in but would like to stop cold turkey because I have too many negative side-effects. Can a small prescription of Klonopin assist me?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

It probably would, but the issue may be getting your doctor to prescribe the Klonopin so you can quit the escitalopram.

?If you have or are getting a prescription of Klonopin, maybe you'd be better off using it to help with the side effects while you are getting on the escitalopram?  You don't want to find yourself having to go back on the escitalopram or a different anti-depressant in a few weeks because the original anxiety hasn't gone away.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.