Can I stop taking Concor Cor 1.25mg after taking it for two days?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. I was told to take Concor Cor 1.25mg daily in morning by my doctor for anxiety, depression and high pulse rate while stressed and walking. My pulse rate used to go up to 130 BPM while walking or when I feel very anxious, but it stays between 60 and 90 when I am resting. I have taken it for two days now. On the first day (yesterday), I felt dizzy after taking it. Also I felt a dull pain on the left side of my penis while urinating. And after taking it today, I was feeling more fatigue than the previous day. The pain while urinating is still there. I felt low on sex drive too. However, it lowered my pulse rate to 60 while resting and in these two days, my pulse rate never went more than 110. But I am not liking it because of those side effects. I thought about stopping it and I think it will be probably easy to stop it (or right time to stop) as I have taken it for only two days. Can I stop it? I am 20, overweight (79 kg, height- 5 feet 7 inch) and have a slightly high BP- 130/80. Any help will be appreciated. I am not so sure if Concor Cor 1.25mg is bisoprolol though. Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi souro,

Cardicor is bisoprolol, if you have only taken it for two days it will be easy to stop now rather than later. 130/80 bp sounds pretty normal.

• Posted

Thank you. So, can I just stop taking it completely from now? I am totally new to this kind of drugs that cannot be easily stopped. I have read that it may make my BP and pulse rate go high. I am worried about that. Also I have read that to stop this drug, I have to reduce its dose and quit it. Will it be just right to stop it now on this dose as I have just taken it two times?
  • Posted

Hi

Taking bisoprolol even at low doses (1.25mg) is an efficient way to lower your heart's capacity to pump reducing the heart beat. As a tactical solution it is effective and as high blood pressure may lead (in 10, 20 or 50 years time) to heart issues. The process involves change and the associated side-effect. may help prevent strokes, heart attacks.

I am glad to hear that the doctor is helping you however anxiety and depression lies with you. All well to treat the immediate needs and as a person dealing with your own well-being (security, comfort, finances, education ...) these are areas that affect everyone, It is important that you note it would be best to start concentrating on those issues as a strategic long term process. - no one is going to "tell you". It will take 6 months or so to bring about the changes so don't weight! 

Everyone knows that any improvement in lifestyle, education and how you conduct yourself will have benefits as you  focus on the positive qualities you have and ultimately self-actualise who you are.

There are other benefits too such as confidence in yourself, friends and ability to be creative. Choose wisely.

I sincerely hope this helps and let us (k)now your progress in 6 months

Kind Regards

Richard

• Posted

Thank you. Sorry for my late reply. I was busy as I went to the doctor. My doctor prescribed an other medicine 'Inderal 10mg', a propanolol which I am afraid to take as it has more side effects generally compared to the previous one. Doctor said to take it from three days after. But he didn't said clearly if I have to continue the previous medicine these three days. I'm thinking about quitting the previous medicine 'Concor Cor 1.25mg' as it was causing bad side effects for me. I'm not quite sure if it is safe to quit like this. I have taken it only for two days. I didn't take it tomorrow. I don't have a mind to take it on today if it is safe to quit. I'm not quite sure about it. If anyone could guide me about quitting, this would be a great help. I want to work on my anxiety and depression first as everyone is saying that they are causing the problems with my heart. I don't want to be on a drug that I have to continue taking lifelong as they are causing bad side effects for me.

Thank you.

Have a nice day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.