Can I take Cymbalta with NyQuil? Please advise !!

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello,

i have a horrible case of strep and cannot sleep at all. i am taking 60mg of Cymbalta at bedtime. can i combine with Nyquil? thanks!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Are you sure you have strep? If you do and are not taking antibiotics, you are contageous for 2 to 3 weeks after it clears. Also clean your tooth brush after each use and throw it away after you heal. I don't think you will have a problem taking Nyquil but you may feel drowsy. Don't drive. The reason why I say this is, my husband suffers with depression and takes heavy medication. He was having allergy problems and self medicated himself with benadryl . He decided to go to the store and lost consciousness and had an accident. He was lucky and didn't severely hurt himself and others. So, think about talking to your Doctor about the interaction of your meds.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.