Can I take Paracetamol with high blood pressure tabs?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I have high blood pressure and for this, I am taking:

Amlodipine 10mg < once="" per="" day="" hydralazine="" 25mg="">< twice per day

been taking them for about 3 months now and all is well, losing weight, eating healthy etc etc

i've just caught this flu-like thing from the wife and kids (they all had it over the last few weeks)

is it safe to take a couple of cold & flu paracetamol (anadin) capsules with the above medication?

many thanks

sean twice="" per="" day="" been="" taking="" them="" for="" about="" 3="" months="" now="" and="" all="" is="" well,="" losing="" weight,="" eating="" healthy="" etc="" etc="" i've="" just="" caught="" this="" flu-like="" thing="" from="" the="" wife="" and="" kids="" (they="" all="" had="" it="" over="" the="" last="" few="" weeks)="" is="" it="" safe="" to="" take="" a="" couple="" of="" cold="" &="" flu="" paracetamol="" (anadin)="" capsules="" with="" the="" above="" medication?="" many="" thanks="">

been taking them for about 3 months now and all is well, losing weight, eating healthy etc etc

i've just caught this flu-like thing from the wife and kids (they all had it over the last few weeks)

is it safe to take a couple of cold & flu paracetamol (anadin) capsules with the above medication?

many thanks

sean>

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Paracetamol is fine with these medicines.

Tarun (hospital pharmacist)

• Posted

Is it Ibuprofen that you should not have Tarun?
  • Posted

We would be cautious in recommending anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen as these can increase the blood pressure slightly. Best to try paracetamol alone first and see if that does the trick.

Tarun

• Posted

excellent, thank you very much Tarun.

Much appreciated.

Sean

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.