Can I take this safety?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi people, sorry i have posted again but i need some help if i can. does anyone on here know if i can take omeprazole for gastritis? is it coeliac friendly? i am worried about taking anything like this incase it has any traces of ingredients in it i can't have. thanks sorry once again!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

don't take omeprazole .. its a PPI.... they're not good to be taking.

Take Gaviscon instead..I have coeliac and have been taking two tablespoons of extra strength Gaviscon before going to sleep for Acid Reflux...

Your Gastritis was most likely caused by coeliac

• Posted

hi David, thanks for your help. i looked at the side effects and decide to not get the omeprazole after all! i spoke to my chemist and they have upped my gaviscon, the liquid one you can take 2 x 5 ml spoonfuls up to 4 times a day, i only discovered that yesterday and what a difference the upped dose has made!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.