Can I take this while on blood pressure medication

Posted , 5 users are following.

so my doctor isnt in for a few weeks which sucks . im on coversyl 4mg . i want to take pascoflair which is anxiety medication . which is passion flower. now i heard passion flower can also drop your blood pressure . so i dont want to drop it to low. anyone take something like this

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Brandon, having myself had terrible side effects from all bp meds, i would wait for the doctor - how do you know that the anxiety is not related to the drug itself? in my opinion it would be mad to throw something else into the soup until you get doc advice. make notes, when did the anxiety start? did you ever have it before the bp med? how long have you been on this medication? etc, i note that the drug you take is an ACE, these had impossibly bad side effects for me, you may find your anxiety could be medication related, or it could just be enhanced/increased - whatever, discuss with your doctor...

• Posted

very true . my anxiety is bad health anxiety . but what side effects did you feel . also did you take coversyl

• Posted

i have not tried the ACE you mention, it may well be the anxiety you mention is irrespective of the ace, i was just making a suggestion that you monitored -i mostly tried lisinopril, i did not have anxiety, this is quite a short acting drug, so i could monitor when i felt worst. when i first tried ACE years ago symptoms were very bad headache, electrolyte imbalance on blood tests, and cough, all fairly common, another try there was also strange rash in one place, then latest time i got more serious rash problems/headache and stopped that....it may be your anxiety is not directly linked to the drug, but i have heard of a range of symptoms different people have had on ace. if you can eat well, no sugar, more veg, beetroot etc, this could help....PS .exercise can raise blood pressure, the question is, does it go back down to your normal soon? if you start with slow stretching, and pace exercise, things should improve - if your bp goes far too high or causes irreg heartbeat then of course you need meds. Also, bp does change a lot over the day in some people, and also goes up when you are ill. best to ask a doc or nurse...hope things sort out

• Posted

It depends on the medication, I do drink passion flower for anxiety but I take a different medication for my BP!

• Posted

Looks like Coversyl is an ACE inhibitor, which usually has minimal interactions with others. So, how is your BP on the Coversyl?

I doubt that the pascoflair has a sudden or extreme effect, my guess is you can take one and watch to see if anything is happening, and just suspend one or both drugs if your BP should get a little low.

• Posted

well i mean my bp is good most of the day only spikes when i eat bad or excerise. been on it sense september .

• Posted

brandon09344...BP usually does spike when exercising, which is a reason why we're told not to take bp readings within 30min. of exercising. HOWEVER, after 30 or so minutes, the bp returns to normal. Regular exercise is good for helping to control blood pressure, so please don't start to think that exercise is a culprit for the high bp readings. A diet fairly low in sodium also helps..a great deal. Eat a few salty meals, & you'll see the bp number has risen.

If you're wondering about pascoflair which I'll assume is a holistic medicine..why not ask the Pharmacist about the possible conflicts it may have on the bp meds you're taking? These people are the pros when it comes to drugs. They can tell you it's harmless, or advise you not to take them. Doctors do take a course in pharmacology when training, but this is not their speciality. A visit to the pharmacy just might be your answer. Do yourself a big favour..don't take anything else unless you've checked with either the Pharmacist or your Doctor. No point in making yourself sick because of a 'maybe'.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.