Can I Take Tramadol Medicine For Upper Back Pain ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, my name is Alina and my age is 59. I am facing upper back pain last from 1 year. My friend suggested me to take tramadol medicine for pain. my doctor also suggests to me but he is saying there are some side effects of this medicine and it may be harmful.

I am getting confused. So, I want feedback about this medicine who are using it from last one year.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Tramadol is horrible stuff that they seem to hand out to everyone. I would ask for something else like a muscle relaxant to take short term to see if that helps or ask to be referrred for physical therapy or massage as could be tension related. Try hot and ice therapy, a tens machine. There are quite a lot of things you could try before resorting to tramadol. Maybe you have tried these things already. Accupuncture worth a shot too. Good luck

• Posted

Hello Alina,

Try other things first please.

I too have been suffering for a year. From a bulging disc that gets worse with the weather, or when I have lifted something too heavy.

Things are better now than a year ago ( constant pains of many different types in my right leg 24/7 for four months) but some days now I am in agony, mostly with sciatica.

The only time I used tramadol was to go to Lapland ( a pre arranged and much anticipated holiday, booked 18 months before) so that I would be able to sit down on the plane.

In the early days I used muscle relaxants and co codamol 30 . Best wishes

• Posted

If your dr says it's then it is. My sister used to take that though for her osteoarthritis but hated the side effects so now uses gabapentin and naproxin which she says is better for the pain anyway. Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.