Can I tweak elleste 1mg to delay/avoid bleed for one month

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm really hoping someone out there can shed some light on this for me, is it possible to either have my bleed early or delay/miss for one month. I am on elleste 1mg which has truly been a lifesaver. I am just like the old me. It's great.  To celebrate I booked a romantic weekend away, never thinking to check the dates! Of course my bleed lands on the first day away. Great!  I called the GP who to be fair was very sympathetic but offered me a pill to take on top of my HRT that I have to take for 3 days before my bleed is due and continue until I return.  I am a little concerned at the overload of hormones and wondered if there is a way to tweak pills. Maybe miss some green and start white ones early to have an early bleed.  Would this even work?  Any advice would be great.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Scoobylou,

Girl PLEASE LISTEN.  Please don't look this gift horse in the mouth.  Your gift is that you have found your lfesaver and are feeling really good.  PLEASE don't miss this up by throwing something more in your system just because your worried about the calendar date.  I'm sure you and your husband have done this before.  Nothing, and I mean nothing, breaks the mood like feeling horrid.  That additional pill your doctor is recommending might really push you over the edge.   Our bodies often don't do well with huge change.  

You are LUCKY GIRL to have found an HRT that is working for you.  Please stick with it, the rest will work itself out.  

• Posted

Hi Scoobylou,

its great Hrt is working for you, and wonderful you are planning a romantice break away together. Im a firm believer that fantastic sex doesnt always have to include intercourse. 

Your body has found its rythym your hormones are working as they should, why add another pill to the mix.

you and your man can still enjoy pleasure, you love each other regardless of how you achieve the end result lol 

enjoy wink wink😜

• Posted

Thank you both for your replies.  I totally agree with both of you however I did miss one piece of key information from my post.  I have 4 days of chronic  pain as well as a severe bleed, the latter being less important.  My concern in that the things we have planned are going to be spoiled because of the pain (painkillers don't touch it, and the strong ones just make me sleep all day!) GP wants me to be on elleste for 12 months before changing to another one. To be honest I have not pushed this as I get no hot sweats, no sleepless nights and my energy is back too, as a rule 4 days pain is a price I am normally willing to pay for the rest of the time feeling great. 

• Posted

hi scooby, can I answer this by asking something else, because I read your post and am more interested in what symptoms you had been having that this HRT has helped you so much with and made you feel 'normal' again.  Really interested in how you felt before it.??

To answer the question though, just go and enjoy it and forget taking anything else if you feel so good already.  You really don't want to knock this balance that you have now.  good luck

• Posted

thanks for your reply, the trouble is with the pain it will be a disaster, it actually puts me in bed for two days😞 Which as I have said is a small price to pay for normality the rest of the time. Of course with exception of our weekend away! Which is such a rarity for us, it's been 3 years since we were able to have a night out together never mind a weekend.  It had to be planned with military precision, well almost! 

Anyway onto symptoms, the obvious ones like hots flushes and night sweats were the last symptoms to arrive strangely.  I found the fatigue, the aching and mood swings from somewhere near normal to so very sad were the first signs which probably arrived two years before the hot flushes,   However at the time I put it down to a really sad situation at home with one of my daughters.  From there came the forgetfulness and becoming a scatterbrained of course the flushes.  I managed for about 12 months but was so desperate in the end I would have taken anything on offer. Within weeks of starting the HRT the sweats had gone, I could have in excess of 40 a days its height!, my energy was slowly starting to increase and I just felt happier! Even though the situation at home is exactly the same it's like I can handle everything so much more like the 'old me' I have also started swimming every day (except on 4DAYS sad because of the pain) which I seriously could not have done before my body was just bone tired.

which is why those few days are such a contrast as it seriously takes me off my feet. Are you taking the same medication, I chat to a lady at swimming who like me had a really rough time but she only bleeds every 3 or 4 months and has no pain! She swears it changed her life too.  Lucky devil!

• Posted

yes of course.  You would feel awful, I understand.  Some women take a continuous hrt so they'll have no bleed. Am I right?  maybe this is what the doctor is suggesting for you in a way.  Maybe go with her advice,  she is tweaking it for you really, for a short time. I assume she is adding extra progesterone for the few days before to stop the bleeding, but I really don't know what effect this would have on you overall, but you seem to be in a happier place at the moment so it may not have any negative effect at all, as you are on it a while now.  Hopefully it won't upset the balance afterwards and you can enjoy your break fully.

and no, I am not on any HRT at the moment, like you I have be 'managing' for 18+ months with symptoms like yours, aches and pains and bad pms, coming and going in waves, some months ok, others terrible.  I am seeing a doctor again shortly because I am having hot flushes lately, not every day, but bad ones when they happen.  So I can understand totally why you're asking this, because it's bad enough dealing with this at home, you don't want to be out of sorts when away!  Do let us know if it works out for you.  I would ask her though about starting the white pills, the progesterone ones, earlier because this is really what she is giving you in extra pills.  But I have a feeling that she would have suggested this first, if it was a good option.

• Posted

Could you consider changing your romantic get away to the following weekend?  

Just another thought.  

Next time, check your calendar!!!!!   

Glad your feeling like your old self.  

• Posted

Hi Scoobylou, did you find the answer to delay or bring forward your period?  I go to Mexico on 7 November and my period is due that day.... I'm only away for a week and I have a horrendous heavy period and it would spoil my holiday.  Did you find the solution?  Thanks so much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.