Can I work while earning “limited capability for work related activity”

Posted , 4 users are following.

im confused after speaking to a UC advisor. Apparently because im getting approx 1000 a month due to living in council flat and receiving highest rate UC Id be entitled to a UC top up each month. i always presumed if you earned limited capability for work related activity it would be that or income from a job not both. im so confused right now and i hope i posed the question correctly. Apparently because i earn a 1000 if i got a job then 195 wpuld be taken off this and id get a small percentage of what i currently get in UC approx 400. but i didnt think id still be classed as limited capability if i got a job? can anyone fill me in please

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

basically can i still earn LCW Higher rate if i get a job?

• Posted

HI,

As you have a LCWRA then you will have a work allowance. This is the amount of money you can earn without it affecting your UC. How much your allowance is will depend on your circumstances. If you're claiming the housing element in with your UC then the lower earnings allowance will apply and for this it's £198 per month (if you claim the housing element) this means that you can earn this amount of money per month before it affects your UC. This means that for every £1 you earn over this allowance then your UC is reduced by 63p.

If you still don't understand it or can't work out what you may get each month then a benefits calculator will help. Don't forget that UC has an assessment period so each month maybe slightly different. If you have 1 month where you're paid twice within that assessment period then your UC will be reduced to zero for that month.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.