Can IBS cause pain to the touch?

Posted , 7 users are following.

my doctor has told me for a while now that he suspects that i have IBS, as i have constant alternating diarrhea/consitpation and stomach cramping etc. tonight im experiencing something different and im not sure of this is IBS related or if i shoukd be more concerned. its worth mentioning that i have panic disorder and get scared thinking i might need to go to the hospital often. anyways, tonight i developed a pain in my lower left abdomen (almost at the side of my body across from belly button area) it started about an hour after eating. i can feel it more when i breathe deep and when i stand up and press on my belly, the area is tender ans sensitive to the touch. its not an excruciating pain by any means, just enough to be annoying and uncomfortable. has anyone experienced this with IBS or do we think it could be something else ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

yes - sounds like a stitch in ur side.

it can be sensitive to the touch -

i have IBS-C and take herbal laxatives and calm magnesium and i encounter every type of ab pain

and sound. from trapped gas in my chest to pain every were in that region !!!!

only thing that helps is Glutatione and vitamin C - i like livon labs best

so far it has not cured it and its expensive. but the pain has decreasesd by 50%

peppermint tea does help relax the gut - something to keep on hand

good luck - coffee and liquor make mine way worse still.

but i have added a few things like greek yogurt back into my diet

i also had panic attacks and GAD

• Posted

Do not worry! You can get sore to touch pain with IBS. I have had four different types of pain with my IBS and one of them is sore to touch pain. IBS can flare up with many different symptoms; don't panic when you experience this because is is typical of IBS.

• Posted

thank you everyone, it was completely better when i woke up so i suppose it was an ibs flare after all! never experienced it in that way! good to know for the future. thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.