Can it be heartrelated?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys. I have been having these strange sensations lately. They are like surges of adrenalin og something that I feel originates from the chest, and they make me kinda jolt. They dont last long, but like a second.

Its not the usual ectopics that I really know how feels. Its diffrent, and I dont really feel any change in heartrythm/pulse at all. Kinda goes from the chest up to my head in a way, like if your : Ohhh wow! And then it goes away, leaving you kinda trembling and shaken.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hi im having exactly the same like a massive physical panic attack in my chest i have ectopics and this is not an ectopic. I took my pulse during one and it was a little messy on ecg but only as in quicker really when i say quicker it only hit 84 bpm. its a good description like a rush of adrenaline in the chest. I think that may just be it.

I feel light headed and panicky and sweaty palmed as well so im assuming that it was a panic attack although my brain wasnt panicky just thinking "what is this"

• Posted

Hi chalky

Thats exactly how i mean. I too get sweaty palms etc when it occurs.and a bit lightheaded. Actually going to the ER now just to check. Hate this. Even after it kinda feels like a physical panic attack lingering in the chest.

• Posted

Is this like receiving an electric shock...jolts you momentarily? 
    • Posted

In a Way, but no pain and not exactly like the feeling you get when falling a sleep and wake AS if u are falling either.

Hard to explain. But my brain tells me its the heart stopping a second.

• Posted

Mine is def a sharp little pain , stops me in my tracks for a second. Does yours make your hearbeat very noticeable? 
  • Posted

Mine is more like a pure rush of adrenaline / fear and panic all in a short time without palpitations. I'm suspecting it's panic attack related

• Posted

Yup. Same here

Done at ER. Took a ECG which of course showed nothing exept my regular right partial block

The doc had no idea what the rush might be

But at that exact moment of the ECG all was fine. . .

Oh to Spice things up, a poor fella in the Next room fainted and had a serious heartrelated episode. So action tonight. He got back on his feet luckilty

You might have a point about it beeing anxiety. Cause i had a SMALL one While having a 24 hrs monitor on and it showed nothing. Would have showed id it was anything danger. However i Know that the ECG is sett to record 2.5 second pauses or longer. And these things i experienced are over in a flash. So my logics says it May still be av block happening that are under 2.5 secs long. Hopefully not of course. But anxiety or not. Scary AS HELL.

• Posted

I have Kardia AliveCore monitor and did it at the time of the "event" it showed nothing other than normal over 30secs the only different thing was that i showed an elevated HR to my norm. however 84 still isnt massive in the scheme of things. so my thoughts are panic attacks. Your right scary as hell but then I guess there are called panic attacked for a reason and not chilled out attacks :-) 

• Posted

Haha chilled out attack... good one.

No i get your drift. But i feel panic attack kinda doesnt manifest themselves quite so physically u know?

Allthough it reminds me abit of the first ectopics i had. I tended to jump up when i got them. In a form of panic yes.

Sort of same type of react ion to this but not.

Good sign nothing show up on holter i guess. You have a monitor at home?

• Posted

i have a alivecore ecg on my phone you can carry it with you anywhere and it does your HR as a one lead ecg

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.