Can it be IBS

Posted , 6 users are following.

Guys I wanna know whether IBS can cause these symptoms

Appetite loss from 6 months and intermittently abdominal pain under left or sometimes right rib. After a Blood test, Liver profile, Endoscopy, Thyroid Profile, Blood Sugar, Lipids went fine my gastrophysician prescribed pantoprazole for 1 month and then to have Ultrasound. So my issues are not resolved fully but due to Coronavirus outbreak here( India) i am not able to go for ultrasound. But reading some of the past answers about IBS i want to ask you guys can IBS cause appetite loss as well because the sporadically occuring pain i know is kinda IBS symptom.

Your views are needed and welcomed.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

after approximately how many days you get pain? is that one month or so?

• Posted

after approximately how many days you get pain? is that one month or so?

• Posted

yea it can because I have irritable bowel syndrome and it sucks so much

• Posted

there are different catagories of IBS , it can be acute or chronic, it can be light pain or severe pain that almost kills (needs medical help immediately). some hormones also trigger IBS, which means that all the month you may have no pain, but when it's time to release certain hormones, they provoke IBS. in women, it's usually estrogen and progesterone which trigger IBS and they feel severe pain and they have to go to medical emergency. this usually happens 1 week before or 1 week after the periods.

• Edited

Hello ...usually IBS is either abdominal pain with either constipation or diarrhea. If you dont have either of those then I wouldn't think its IBS. Maybe it could be a food that's not agreeing with you?

• Posted

IBS Only Causes Intestinal Symptoms

IBS has been linked to other conditions and symptoms outside the intestine. 8 IBS can also cause fatigue, loss of appetite, and nausea or vomiting (though this symptom is uncommon) and is associated with fibromyalgia, anxiety disorders, and depression

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.