Can it be reflux

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have many different symptoms lump feeling in my throat horrid taste in my mouth problems swallowing worse on a night clicking sound in my throat and a tight feeling around my neck chest and upper back pain. I’ve had lots of e c gs showing normal. I’m due to have an endoscopy in 2 weeks absolutely worried sick. I don’t feel like I have any acid so can this still be reflux? 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes kt could be silent reflux that's comes up and you don't know it is coijd be at night when you are  sleeping 

• Posted

Yes its a pain in bum.

Keep on at doctors.

Ure doing the right thing. Endoscopy is very good test.

• Posted

I had it done last yr.

I opted for the sedation as didnt want to be with it. It was the first test of that kind in my life.

I dont remember anything.

Later on that day i could feel in my chest that something had been inside me. That was it. As gentle as that.

Its very important to have it done. One can learn a lot about their body.

• Posted

Thank you for putting my mind at rest. Do they offer sedation I can’t stand the thought of it if not. Yes I do agree it’s important to have it done and to be honest I can’t carry on not knowing what’s causing all these symptoms 
    • Posted

In the UK they ask u if u want a local numbing throat spray or sedation.

If u not sure ask about it. On aedation u wont be allowed to drive afterwards that day.

• Posted

I've just had my third endoscopy done I had sedation and throat spray thrn will give to you the two if your very nervous about it like I always am 

• Posted

Thank you I will ask I am really worried but I guess it can’t be any worse then the angiogram I had well I hope it isn’t 🙈

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.