Can long-term swollen lymph nodes be normal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey,

I’m a 17y/o girl and I’ve had a few swollen lymph nodes in my neck since September. Initially, I freaked out a lot. I have HA, so any little thing kind of sends me into a panic. I googled relentlessly for a couple weeks, but then I got so stressed with school that I actually kind of forgot about them. About three months ago I ‘re-discovered’ them. There’s one that’s maybe half an inch and then like three or four more that are smaller. They don’t hurt, they move around, and they don’t get bigger. They’re just not changing and I feel like if they were a reaction to an infection or something they should be long gone. As I keep pressing around in my neck, I keep finding more and more little ‘bumps.’ I’ve pressed around my neck so much that I’ve actually got some bruises. I tend to press really hard and quite obsessively because they’re freaking me out and I don’t know what else to do. I’m not ready to go to a doctor, but I’ve somehow convinced myself that they have to be cancerous. I don’t have any other symptoms, just a few swollen lymph nodes for the past 9 months. Should I be worried and should I do something, or do I have to chill out and remind myself that I have somewhat bad HA and it’s so unlikely to be anything serious? Any advice?

Thanks in advance smile rolleyes

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello, I can give you some tips for improving your health. First - the regime of the day: a person must go to bed immediately after sunset. try to do the last meal two hours before bedtime, so that your body will recover during sleep, and not spend energy on digesting food. in the morning you need to drink a glass of hot water so that your body can start and cleanse of the slag accumulated overnight. Observance of these rules will help to significantly increase the body's defenses and defeat many diseases.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.