Can masses in the colon be normal?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I am 18 years old and had a colonoscopy. So apperantley from the sheet i got back. There are masses in my colon. however they were telling me that that there was nothing that seemed like cancer or tumours. My doctor also didnt call me. it said on my result sheet that my doctor would call in the next weeks if the results were changed or they figured something out. but they didnt. i was just told to have more fiber. however i still have weird shaped bowel movements(rock like or lumpy) inconsistent colours(light brown or pretty dark brown or mixed) and inconsistent times. im still really worried i might have cancer. . is it possible i just have some other abdominal disorder?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

if the dr's aren't worried about the masses , then you shouldn't be. It's quite likely the masses are benign growths. I.e. Polyps. I'm sure they will contact you in time. What with all of this Covid19 happening, they probs just got really busy but unless they are giving you pain or some other issues, I wouldn't worry too much. If you are concerned, you should go to A&E to get checked out again. alternatively you could call your surgeon 's secretary at the hospital.

• Posted

Thanks for the response. Also sorry my procedure happened before thr covid stuff. Like 5 months ago. I just recently started to worry about it again. My mom was telling me not to worry though, because they would have called back if it was something serious. Its just cancer is still in the back of my mind but i guess it could be something else. Thanks again for taking your time to read my post.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.