Can Menopause cause tooth pain???

Posted , 11 users are following.

I grind my teeth but have a mouth guard and recently 3 weeks ago I developed this ongoing tooth pain. I went to the dentist and an endodontist (twice) and the endo thought that it was due to teeth grinding and my night guard being a bit off since xrays etc looked normal and other tap tests. So he adjusted the guard and I thought I was better Friday (saw him thursday) but then started hurting sat afternoon again and this morning was really bothering me. I've been eating on the other side and avoiding hard foods. Yet even talking too long seems to aggravate it (like work meetings). I did have some peri hormone rush nightmares last night but those aren't every night. The pain is really stressing me out as well as being distracting. I do my best to take care of my teeth and gums and really want to preserve them especially since I lost a molar last year due to an old crown cracking. Am trying to save up 4k to replace it. So need other teeth to be okay. ANYWAY. QUESTION: Someone told me that menopause (I'm in peri) can increase tooth sensitivity. Has anyone experienced this and found a remedy? I did go to the chiropractor today and she massaged my jaw muscles which were painful but tooth pain didn't completely disappear so still terrified.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

im on a second bleed from last week all of sudden tooth pain thinking its the perimenopause im 48 im going to have to get it checked out i have been to a new dentist gota recent clean he did say i had cracks in the teeth i dont want to be nurofen for too long ih ave had jaw problems and surgery hopefully all ok i have had xrays done dont think there is anything abnormal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.