Can menopause make you feel like you're getting a heart attack?

Posted , 7 users are following.

My mother, 48 y/o has symptoms of menopause. She's been to several docs but they can't find anything that's wrong with her.

She will wake up in the middle of the night with head pressure, confusion.... just nasty feelings in the head that you can't really describe.

She has had heart palpitations. But since 2 nights ago her heart beat was beating out of rhythm. She felt like she was going to have a heart attack. Today her chest area is sore.

Anyone going through meno has same?

I am so scared for her.

Please help me pray for my mom.

And yes, she has been going to docs and done medical tests but they don't reveal anything.

Would appreciate all the replies. Thank you.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sabformum, if your mum had all the test done nothing wrong it's menopause doing it..I got heart palps too, when I lie down I could hear it thumping and then it stops..does she get pain some people do get chest pain, but don't worry if she's going through the change.

• Posted

I was just saying today my head feels like it has a vice grip on it such pressure and such and the space crazy feeling in the head! I had all your mom mentioned and more. It is scary though!

• Posted

Hi when I first started I use to get like something tight around my head along with heavy head but there's nothing wrong with our heads it's just feelings darling.

• Posted

Yes, this is all quite normal during the transition of peri into menopause. Not much she can do unless she goes on hrt.
  • Posted

If mom has already been checked and nothing was found, it's menopause. Heart palpitations was the way I found out I was entering Peri. My heart rate will increase to the point I can hear it thumping in my ears. It can beat out of whack when I am lying down and sorts of things. It's scary when it's happening and can make you think you are going to have a heart attack. I can't tell you to try not to worry because it is easier said than done, but it is Menopause.

• Posted

Hi, I know what this is like had a for nearly 8 years and still getting it no sign of it going away..I wouldn't think that's how a heart attack would feel I thought is stops not race.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.