Can Menopause really make you feel this BAD???

Posted , 13 users are following.

So can menopause really feel this bad mentally and physically... It never ends... Some days I do get some relief from symptoms but not today its just awful! I'm 47 had hysterectomy at 27 still have ovaries, so I have no clue of coarse where I'd be in my menopause and I think that's making me feel even worse that I'm clueless with no periods!!!! When will this crap end! I feel weak tired can't think emotional wreck, feel like i dont want to be alone and scared of everything (all this that's happening) can this menopause really make you feel this bad??? Anyone else feeling this bad Please share your symptoms, I'm totally at my wits end😅

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Are you really feeling that bad today? I'm so sorry that you are feeling so bad and yes you can feel this bad, I have had days when Ive felt so bad Ive wished to die. Hormones drive so many chemical messages in our body and when the hormones imbalance, so do the other chemical messengers so total havoc ensues. Dont worry hun you are not alone in what you feel and trust me its only hormones. Pm me again if you want to. XXX

• Posted

Hi Tina,

I found this sight a little while ago and I'm grateful I did. I'm 57 and my menopause is absolutely HORRIFIC!!!!! I've had nearly every symptom and can relate to everyone on this sight. I've changed my lifestyle drastically and still no relieve. My menopausal symptoms seems to have worsened. Over the last several years I've gone to healthcare professionals for a total of 13 times. Thank you so much for reminding me it's our depletion of hormones that causes the havoc we're experiencing. I often times wonder if it's something more. I never imagined this transition would be this incredibly difficult. I'm prayerful this will take it's course soon. I pray and wish the best for all.

Stay Safe.

• Posted

Hi Tina, I am 56 and in post-menopause for 4 years and like you I have had every symptom going. I thought they would start going lesser a little, but they've come back again even stronger. I don't take anything from doctors, only natural stuff, self help, I keep praying it will end soon. I'm going to try intermittent fasting tomorrow, I've heard this helps, I'm going to give up drinking tea as well and drinking plenty of water, I'll try anything. I pray also that God will guide me through this nightmare, but I just keep telling myself that it is natural and to just try to ride it. I thank God, I found this site. Stay strong everyone. XXX

• Posted

Hi Deboraho,

So glad you to hear I'm not going through this incredibly difficult transition alone. My symptoms have also worsened and like you, I'm going through this naturally. I'm trusting God for continued strength and will pray for us all. I never imagined this to be this difficult. I too pray this passes real soon.

Stay Strong

• Posted

so very sorry to hear all your suffering. it is horrendous. I'm struggling with chest pain and crazy palpitations. doctor sent me for chest xray and bloods I'm that panic stricken thats it's my heart. I love this site as I know we are all in it together. I hope it is all over soon for you. Take care.

• Posted

Yes I've had heart palpitations and mild chest pains. I've had numerous EKG's and quite a bit of blood work. It is definitely HORRENDOUS !!!!Just completed my Annual Exam a couple of weeks ago and blood work came back fine. I encourage you stay strong and prayerfully this will take it's course real soon.

Stay Safe,

• Posted

Hi gypsy yer you can feel this bad. I have good days and bad. I’m 51 been in full menapause 3 years and 2 years on hrt. I’ve had every symptom going. It’s crap but hopefully light at the end of the tunnel soon xx
  • Posted

Yes, it can make you feel this bad. I've had days where I thought I was going mad. Worried, afraid, dark thoughts, finding no joy in anything.

I pray and pray, starting yoga in April. Taking vitamin D3. Just trying to listen to God, to do what I need to do to feel more like me again. Oh the timer went off on the stove the other day and even though I was expecting it, I jumped what felt like three feet off the ground when it went off!😂😂😂 I did laugh at myself about that. Hang in there and know that you are in a group that includes millions of women.🤗🤗🤗🤗

• Edited

OMG.. I know exactly how you feel I was feeling better for 3 months now and I was like oh Lord thank God everything is over but slam again I've been like this for a week now I feel tired I feel dizzy my joints hurt I feel like if I'm getting my period but i just got it 2 weeks ago i feel nauseous when I get up in the morning it's not me I just feel so sick it's terrible I've gotten every symptom in the book I was driving today and I see this car turning into my lane oh my God I got so scared I thought he was going to hit me and I just pulled to the side oh my goodness was terrible so scared I get brain fog it's just horrible the way we feel I don't want to even get out of bed I keep asking myself when is is going to be over so believe me you're not alone I really do hope you feel better soon I'll be praying for you too and for all those ladies out there that go through the same thing we are God bless you take care.

• Posted

Thanks ladies for sharing all your stories , this all helps me so much to be able to read what everyone else is going through.. I really appreciate each and everyone of you.. 💘

• Posted

Hi there. I had the same operation at 36 now I'm 47. I've had all the symptoms but it is getting easier with time. I have the worse headaches ever and feeling neasua with it. Changes in my bowel and more.. Now I just take each day as it comes. I am longer freighted at how I feel as I know it will pass. Go easy girl and you are not alone on this as we are all going through simular. 😉 CK

• Posted

Hi Gypsy,

I am 60 years old and have been traveling this menopause trek for about a year.   I can't tell you how many of your same symptoms I am experiencing:  Joints on the right side of my body ache with little or no relief, and, regular thumps and bumps just hurt so much more: sleep is disturbed and although I'm tired I can't seem to get restful sleep; I feel tired all the time and so irritable;  My emotions are up and down, but mostly down.  I feel anxious and worried and often have dark thoughts. My dear husband tries so hard to keep me spirits up.  My body no longer responds to my exercise and physical fitness program, and although I eat a very regimented diet my body weight doesn't budge.  I feel like I am being deconstructed piece by piece.

I will tell you that what makes me feel better is to run.  This has been helpful to me.  I also take vitamin D and try to drink at least 8 eight ounce glasses of water each day. I use Mother's Wort tincture when I feel anxious and upset which has been most of the time for the last three months.

I tell myself that if there is a beginning to this, there must also be an ending to this state of hormonal chaos. Your experience confirmed my own, and that made me feel that I wasn't all alone. Thank you for sharing it.  Please know that I am thinking of you.   Faithe  

• Posted

Hi Faithe, thank you for sharing.. It helps to hear each and everyone's own experiences with this dreadful menopause. When I talk to people around me about it they really look at me like I have a 3rd eye or something, either they have all the symptoms and never really put it together with their menopause or they're just some of the lucky ones who glide right through it. Ever since I've been on this site I feel so much better just knowing that these other woman are definitely having the same symptoms as me, and its not just me, these are some pretty intense symptoms that we go through, not fun at all..and I like how you think positive if there's a beginning then there must be an end!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.