Can mono cause a chest pain that occurs when you move your head?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Recently, I have been experiencing this chest pain that comes on when I move/turn my head a certain way and I find it a little hard to breathe as well. Not sure if this is normal or if this is related to the way I sleep, anxiety, or stress? Also, I have been sick for a little over two months now and am suddenly experiencing a low grade fever again. Of course, google told me that it was lymphoma, so now, I am freaking out. Has anyone else experienced this???

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hoping you feel much better with this soon Madison, it's so awful this virus can cause all sorts of symptoms and definitely stress too is a factor and can intensify things too. The low grade fever is very normal, it takes time for this to pass but it will go away with time for sure - it doesn't in any way mean lymphoma or anything, it's frightening I know as this is often the result of google searches but remember the vast vast majority of people with mono make a full and complete recovery, and it is normal that it can take a little time so don't panic that things are not there yet it will come Madison - of course keep checking in with the doc and asking them to monitor blood tests, etc, always wise to do that.

Thinking of you and hoping this symptom and all the symptoms settle down soon - and remember take things a bit easier now your exams are over.

Craig

• Posted

Madison, you should really stay off Google. . Take it from someone who has done it before and learned my lesson. if I remember correctly, your doctor already ruled our lymphoma. Trust your doctor, not Google. I would even suggest asking this site before searching Google.

I've had a low grade fever off and on through the 6 months I've had this. I had chest pains as well. If you honestly feel something else is wrong with you, ,go back to your doctor. But if the doc tells you this is all normal, believe the doctor, not Google.

• Posted

The melody 'Dem bones' applys here. It is all connected together. The movement of your head will go right down pass your neck into your spine. Probably best to ask your doctor, but I've had pain in my whole body. I remember at the early stages and by that I mean around the 2, 3 and 4 month mark I was in so much pain, i also had times where it felt like my chest was really heavy and I was surprised i still able to breathe....all i could do was lie down and let it pass.

• Posted

Hi Madison

I'm 8 months in the virus, in the beginning I had a strange sensation of shortness of breath, I remember others experiencing the same. That's gone, but at the moment I have a bout of low grade fever, I've had that on and off the whole time, and I'm 8 months in.

You probably don't have to worry, your symptoms are normal for mono.

Hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

Definitely agreeing with you Jen it's only the scare stories that you read on the Internet, only that tiny tiny percentage of cases with complications, and the 99.999% of people who do recover from this (even after some time of not being well with it) are generally not the stories that are recorded because people just get on with their lives and don't post their recovery story online. It's frustrating when you try to look up things to give you hope and encouragement and it leads to the opposite - that's why forums like this are a good place to come because the people here I always find are friendly, encouraging and offer hope to each other!

Hoping things for you Jen, Dodge and Malene are settled and for a good week ahead - remember hang in there, better times are ahead and still believing in complete recovery for you each of you thanks to God.

Craig

• Posted

Just a word of encouragement Malene on the low grade fever - I had it as long as you too and you think it will never leave - but it does fade over time until one day you realise it's not there anymore - hang in there and hoping for a real turning point in your situation soon - I felt a real change happen at about 10 months and praying for your breakthrough.

Craig

• Posted

That's really nice of you Craig, thank you, I would have worried so much, if I hadn't found this site, all of you guys have helped so much with your stories of symptoms and phases. I would NEVER had known, that what I am going through is normal for mono, and I would have worried and wondered and stressed myself.

I still do worry a bit, when the fever keeps reappearing, but it's so reassuring, that so many people here experience the same.

Hope you're holding up okay, I know you're struggling with your back.

• Posted

Hi Malene,

Oh thanks so much for your amazing and kind words, it means a lot. I remember feeling exactly the same when going through this, just not knowing when or if there would be an end to it all is so frightening and it is mentally and emotionally draining. As someone who can be a great worrier myself also, I do empathise so much and absolutely really want you to know that the low grade fever does go with time it really does. For me it was probably the symptom that lingered the longest and it was a gradual recovery process, but really your body does get on top of that and it won't bother you forever truly that was my experience Malene!

Thanks for your best wishes for my back too, yes God has been helping me have had a stable few weeks but still praying for breakthrough that can help me move on and get by these issues in my life. It's hard to endure and persevere when something goes on for a while, I know very much you can most definitely relate to that Malene - so we just need to keep hanging in there and trusting that God knows the bigger picture and is a miracle worker and is the great healer.

Hoping for a good day today and wishing you and your loved great peace, joy, good health and many blessings this Christmas and for 2019! And of course do keep in touch let us know how things are going - will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Craig

• Posted

Thanks Craig!

I hope 2019 also will bring you health and prosperity!!

Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 🎄☃️🌟

• Posted

Thanks Malene, really appreciate that and all the best to you and your loved ones too. And keep hang in there and don't give up on hope and recovery, as they say sometimes it's the last key on the hook that unlocks the door!

Keep in touch and let us know how things are going.

Craig

• Posted

Last message should have read 'keep hanging in there' of course my mistake!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.