Can Muscle inflammation be not sore to the touch???

Posted , 4 users are following.

My Doc said I have muscle inflammation in the ribs(right side) but it's not sore to touch. It is bothersome at times when laying on my right side.

Last night I slept on left side and back and woke up to soreness in same spot under right ribs. Got up and moved around and now seems better though still there. Does costcondritis have to be sore to touch?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure if there has to tenderness to touch, but it certainly is in  my case.  My pain started on the right side and has spread to the left.  At times I have pain radiating on both sides  and across my shoulders.  I'm not as sore in the rib area as previously,  but it is still tender.

• Posted

When I first was diagnosed with Costro, my  Costro was very sore to the touch. But after 16 months on and off it isn't always sore to the touch. Good luck. Try to reduce your sugar intake..as inflammation loves sugar. Also soft ice packs help soreness or heating pad at times. I cant take motrin..so Extra streegnth tylenol helps too...smile

• Posted

Went to a walkin in clinic today. Didn't bother trying to get in with my regular GP. All she says is that my lungs sound clear and sends me on my way. Time before last when I was complaining she gave me Zoloft for anxiety where it's still sitting on the shelf unused. Anyway, the clinic said I sounded clear but my ear had an infection and had sinus stuff going on. Was given a rescue inhaler, shot of steroids and put on muscle relaxers, along with cough medicine(don't have a cough though). Was told not to lift my arms up high(not sure why). Rarely take anything for my arthritis anymore since they hurt my stomach, though broke down tonight and took an Aleve(generic for Naproxen). Feeling a few pangs in various rib areas on both sides. I'm afraid.

• Posted

Dont be afraid. Alot of drs dont know much about Costro. Some do thankfully. You need a better dr that actually listens to you. Theres a medicine called neurontin that has helped me thru the rough times. Helps the pain...not a narcotic or anti inflammatory. Have you had x rays? bloodwork? just to  rule out things?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.