Can others sleep all night?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I have been on fluoxetine 20mg for about 13 weeks now and I'm no longer anxious however my mood Is still very up and down at times. I'm trying different ways to help myself but still struggling with this up and down feeling. I wasnt sure if this was due to waking up every night and not getting enough sleep so i started to take 20mg every other night and it has helped me to get more sleep however my mood is still very up and down so I restarted taking them each day then guess what I can't sleep yet again.

After all this time is this normal or should I ask for mood stabilizers instead do you think? my whole family suffer so maybe it's in my genes. It's so draining but like all of you we are determined to fight this so it's nice to hear from others and see what has helped you all. its 5.18am now and been awake since 4. its driving me crazy

Any advice would be great thank you so much

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hi lisa. sorry to hear you are not sleeping. i upped to 40mg and was terrible but done the trick. this am i got up and started to panic. i took a deep breath and centred myself and nipped the thought/feeling before it.spiralled. this is incredible progress for me. id speak to your gp but my initial thoughts are to give it 12 weeks on 20mg per day. i really struggled upping to 40 but they put me on a really low dose antipsychotic promazine 25mg am.and pm.and this seems to have taken edge of prozac. hope you ok x

• Posted

You have done really well as I don't think I dare increase. I have actually dropped to every other day to get some sleep and thats helping

You would love the book a little peace of mind by Nicola Bird. You can buy it off of Amazon and its brilliant to train your brain with the thoughts you have. I think I have cracked that part I just get so unregulated but working on that. it's not am easy ride hay? thank you for replying to me x

• Posted

hi lisa you are welcome. hope you have had a nice holiday. yes the first few weeks were hell. now im constantly tired so panicking about work but need to take it one day at a time. after my post i have had three bad days after a good start. although had a nice afternoon with my daughter in garden spraying hose she laughed lots. i do wonder if they will up me to 60mg. if so ill just go with it. hope you have a nice evening. ps. i will look for that book. i just read reasons to stay alive by matt haig this was a good read x

• Posted

I sent a long reply but I don't think it posted. Kids are great for keeping us going hay and you have a real reason to live for her. Sounds like a lovely afternoon! you should check out YouTube Stephanie Lyn coaching

she gives you a real boost. Good luck with your recovery πŸ™‚

• Posted

Im on Fluoxetine, starting for the 2nd time. Sleep was great before I stopped. Now that I'm starting up again, sleep is an issue. I try to take 5mg of Melatonin before bed and seem to help a little. I still wake up, but I can fall back asleep quicker...

• Posted

Thank you for the reply

I am definitely seeing a difference now I'm taking a tablet every other day but that's a good idea

I could ask the GP for melatonin if I continue to struggle. ThanksπŸ™‚

• Posted

there are three stages if u are feeling bad side effects 24 hours then it means totally brain is unbalanced...if morning us good evening is not then 50 percent unbalanced if some blips then u r near full recovery so just a little wait is left dont worry keep taking it...

• Posted

Thank you so much. I am awake often as it's now 1am but it's worse if I have had a busy day at work I find it hard to switch off.

I am coping with things much better though so I am glad I've stuck with it. I hope it is helping you too

Take care πŸ™‚

• Posted

HI

I'm on Fluoxetine 40 mg for 7 weeks. I take 40mg in the morning.

I take a Mirtazepine 15mg at night for sleep. It works well for me No drowsiness in the morning. I used to wake up every 2 hours then I couldn't go back to sleep after 4am. I felt I go crazy. I took a bath at 5am. ..then I waited for sunrise....so miserable.

• Posted

just maintain constant timing of dose and constant quantity of dose....dont change your routine some days u will not sleep but after some days u will start sleeping good...m not taking clonazepam to sleep i avoid it coz it will some time doubles the side effects if addicted...so dont worry just give it time i hope u will be good soon...if u need any advice u can whatsapp me any time at my number 00971556625689.

just after a little time u will be stable dont give up try to enjoy your life πŸ˜ƒ

• Posted

Thank you very much you too and I feel like I'm on the right path and I hope you are too πŸ™‚

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.