Can Phenergan b bought over the counter in th uk

Posted , 2 users are following.

Pleas

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes it can Marianne, I have recently tried it, it packed a punch the first night I took it.  I took 25 mg, some take 12.5 mg - some take the max dose of 50 mg but I wouldn't start that high.  Not supposed to take it whilst on Mirt because then you would be getting a double dose of anti-histamine which could be very sedating and you would need doctors advise on that.

• Posted

Thanks calmer. I will get some today. I'm not on mirtazapine now. Stopped about a month ago. But I just can't sleep and herbal remedies don't help.

• Posted

I think taking 25 mg before sleep, then 25 mg is awake/restless in the middle of the night works best for me.  When stopping Mirt your system is still readjusting and it will take some time for sleep to return to normal unaided, I know some people just take te phenergen for a few weeks, or a month and then seem OK.  Like you I am only 2 weeks from totally quitting Mirt, so fingers crossed for us both smile  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.