Can Prednisolone make you hungry?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I've been on steriods for about a month now I've just come on here for some advice to see if anyone is going through or been though the same as me! I'm hungry all the time and it's not just 'I'm a bit peckish' I'm starving even 10 minutes after a meal to the point were I feel sick and dizzy I'm even eating foods I don't even like! I'm 5'2 and around 9 stone so I'm trying to eat big salad's and healthy foods , I've also tried potion control and it just makes me feel weak and dizzy

Any advice would be helpful

Thanks

Xx

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma, yes prednisolne will make you hungry. Iv been on it for three years went from 9st to 14st lost two stone so currently 12st I had exactly the same as you i ate everything in sight and craved junk. If I could go back I would try as you say to eat healthy. Try small portions but more often that may help. I am now down to a maintenance dose so don't get as hungry but still probably eat more than I should due to feeling dizzy and sick at points in the day.

• Posted

Hi Emma yes steroids can make you eat more i put on so much weight when I was on them and also didn't sleep my dr has put me on new ad on meds atrovent and Uniphyllin as I was having to use so many steroids and so far so good 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.