can prostate be cured ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello

i had unprotected sex and i'm pretty sure i have got some infection even tho i did the tests for Stds and hiv they came back negative after 10 weeks

doctor prescribed me permixon for prostate enlargment 3 months ago i did not take complete the tablet and i probably took it for 10 days only

while i was doing search i found out that it take more than 6 weeks to help the symptoms which are

• pain in the testicles
  • back pain
  • upper leg pain
  • pelvic pain
  • slow urination and pain after it some times
  • pain in the abdominal area and lower..
  • wierd movment in the urethra or feeling like tingling
  • CONSTIPATION

now i started taking it again 2 days only and i can feel that finnally my abdominal pain start to subside but still have other symptoms

what do you guys think

thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Do you have an infection of the prostate? If so, you'll need about 3 weeks of Ciprofloxacin (cipro) antibiotics, or something else relatively strong. I've had a prostate infection a couple of times in the past, and had some of those symptoms.

• Posted

I tend to agree with Lukav. It sounds like prostatitis. I had it once it. It took 4 weeks of ciprofloxacin to deal with it.

• Posted

i took it for 8 days only as the doctor prescribed it for me for 10 days what should i do go on cipro or permixon ?

• Posted

No antibiotic would cure prostatitis in 10 days. It takes a course of at least 3 weeks--preferably 4 weeks to make sure it's gone--with an antibiotic like Cipro. Honestly, I used to get this infection a lot in my 20s. Probably like 10 times. There was a couple of times a doctor I saw (not my usual family doctor) would give me a prescription of antibiotics for 10 days. It never worked. After a few times, if a doctor tried to give me 10 days I'd insist he double check the facts (in a nice way), and that there's a plethora of well supported data that shows it takes 3-4 weeks worth of antibiotics, and I'd always tell them which one I had good results with. Ciproflaxacin or Oflaxacin always worked for me. I found Oflaxacin to be better, but apparently they phased that out in favor of Cipro. Go figure. But from my experience it still worked, just took a bit longer to feel any relief from the symptoms. Good luck.

• Posted

Just to add something I forgot to mention: It can take up to 4 weeks to cure because of the kind of spongy tissue the prostate is made from, and that it doesn't get a huge supply of blood. For those two main reasons, it's harder for the body to 'flush out' and destroy the bacteria in the prostate. However long supply the doctor gives you, make sure to take it religiously every day until the last. You want to make sure it's gone. These infections really suck. Hope it works out for you.

• Posted

thanks man for the reply it really helped me to know more

one more question since i had about 10 months since this happened and it the first time in my life

so the doctor prescribed for cipro for 10 days only , will it take same time 4 weeks since i had this infections for 10 months and i'm feeling worse now maybe .. ?

• Posted

Well, everyone is different. Maybe you'll be lucky in that the bacteria infecting your prostate is incredibly susceptible to Cipro. I'm not going to lie: I really doubt 10 days is enough. Did you ask for a longer course of antibiotics?

I guess you'll have to hope 10 days is enough. But if it comes back, and you'll know within a week or so after you've the 10 days of antibiotics as the symptoms will return with a vengeance, then don't leave the office next time until you get 21 days (3 weeks) worth at minimum.

Also, how did you put up with it for 10 months? 1 month of it was enough to drive me insane. Maybe it's not even a prostate infection, so that could be why your doctor is hesitant to give more. Play it out, not that you have much choice, and see what happens after the 10 days. Hope for the best.

• Posted

man it's really drive me insane here well i live doctors does not know much

i live in north africa , even tho i read on the internet that 10 days of cipro is enough maybe not for other infections

i don't trust doctors here that's why i come here every time to ask and YES it so hard and i can't tell anyone since it BIg deal here in familly ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.