Can Removing a Large Fibroid Improve Hormones?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, wondering if any women in their 40s have had a large fibroid removed and seen it improve/balance their hormones or even push them out of perimenopause back to normal hormone levels? I have a much younger friend (mid 30s) who found that after fibroid surgery her fertility increased and her hormones were more balanced. I'm in in peri and debating the surgery, just wondering if might be any added hormonal benefit if I'm already in peri, or if anyone has seen that happen. So sick of peri symptoms esp anxiety, fat and crazy hair shedding. Thanks!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

This is very interesting. I felt a significant hormonal shift after my myomectomy. I have period events like When I was in my 20s- pain in my boobs a week before, nausea for a day, abdominal cramping on day 1, and less bloating. Saw these last about 2006 and then again after my surgery. I wondered if the tumors locked down free hormones since they have receptor sites or whether they produced hormone. A topiC worth studying.

• Posted

I was 46 but did not have Symptoms of perimenopause. My mom entered perimenopause about 55. I am expecting the same.

• Posted

Wow you are very lucky!!! My mom didn't go through it until her 50s but apparently I got my father's cruddy genes. Women in his family went into menopause as early as 42. I started peri prob around 45. So doubt I will make it much past early 50s for full menopause.

• Posted

Hello I am 44, and had a myomectomy back in February this year. This is very interesting to find out more, all I can say /notice is that pre surgury i had random night sweats. Since my operation these have now gone. I had in total over 25 fibroids removed. The largest two were 7 and 5 cms respectively. The remaining were like golf balls..

My sex life is even better, I feel alot more hornier, I have no children, I am of the thinking that so much damage has been done already, there may not be time for to have a child, but I am no longer in pain as I was before. Since my sex life and orgasm is now tremendous I will have fun finding out 😉)

• Posted

That's interesting because night sweats are one of the first signs of peri. If those stopped maybe there is hope for me. 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.