Can severe anxiety raise ur temperature

Posted , 2 users are following.

can severe anxiety raise your temperature. mine went to 37.5 and was up and down. its now down to 36.8. just im super focused on my body with the whole pandemic and virus thing.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Yes, anxiety can raise your temperature in many different ways.

You are in fight or flight when you have anxiety which means your body will start using more energy as it thinks it is in danger. Think of it like a car engine. You turn it on and over time it heats up and gets red hot, the more juice you give the car, the hotter it gets and the quicker it gets hot.

When you do an energy equasion the output always includes heat. The cause of it could be from: elevated heart rate from anxiety; elevated blood pressure from anxiety (can make you warm to the touch); increased movement and increased breathing.

Sometimes it is less sinister than even that. Sometimes we are just.. warm 😊. Sometimes we are in the sun, or near the heating or have just had a blanket or warm clothes on.

You are doing good by making sure you are healthy. However, anxiety is really good at mimicking symptoms of a cold. I have spent some nights shivering, even though I was very warm to the touch. Anxiety is so good at masking itself and convincing you of anything. Just remember thinking about them and worrying constantly will not fix the issues and maybe it would be useful to book a test if you maintain symptoms for peace of mind.

Take care, try and drink plenty of water

Kyle

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.