Can sitting for .18 hours out of 24 hours cause obesity?

Posted , 4 users are following.

i Work really hard for 18 hours a day.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Your post is somewhat vague - You say you work really hard for 18hrs a day but you do not say what you do.  If you did a manual job for 18 hrs a day I would think you would be collapsing with exhaustion and when would you eat, drink and sleep if this was the case? I am trying to work out what type of employment would engage you for 18 hrs out of 24 hrs - it is surely against the law? There are lots of factors which can cause a person to be obese - it can be caused by over eating/drinking and insufficient exercise or a combination of both but it can also be caused by lots of other factors such as health related problems and even genetics.  
  • Posted

Well, thanks for your candid advice. It was a close pal that asked me that question and i thought of sharing it here. The truth is that she is a Freelancer and she works as a Virtual Assistant for a very busy man. I already  gave her some advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.