Can Sjogren's cause this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all! First off some info, I am 51 and I have 3 MRI's scheduled (2 brain and 1 lumbar) and an EMG and Nerve study test. All test are set for 2-9 weeks out. Problem is I am impatient lol. My Neuro thinks I could have a narrowing of the spinal column (and I get lower back and leg pain that jumps around )or it could be my Sjogren's or something else. All I know is when I stand or walk from anywhere between instantaniously to 30 minutes my legs want to cave and the numbness is profound! I do have some neuropathy and unexplained electric like shock sensations a lot. It's actually scary and causes me to panic at times though I am getting better dealing with it. On rare occasions I get some numbness while lying or sitting but it is rare. I just started 25mg of Lyrica and am due to double it in a few days. It isn't helping at all so at times I take my hydro also.

I just don't know what I should do in the meantime??? Honestly, I can't do much and it is so frustrating! ANy suggestions what could be causing this (started last Jan and progressively worse) and what I should do? I feel terrible laying in bed or a chair most of the days. Thanks so much! p.s. I posted this on the back pain page also even though that isn't the main concern.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

HI! I so feel your frustration! I have tried Lyrica. Too many side effects for me. My doctor is waiting fir FDA to approve a machine that stimulates the vagus nerve which improves fatigue and pain. HOPEFULLY, soon! Medical marijuana seems to help the fatigue and pain in my legs, but some days ..........

Keep your chin up!

• Posted

That is interesting that you mention the Vagus Nerve, as I have suspected that may be at the root of some of my problems. I have Sjrogren's Syndrome which has caused me a lot of trouble since menopause, the unrelenting fatigue and weakness, along with stabbing left eye pain, constant thirst, dryness everywhere, never-ending runny and stuffy nose are the worst. Could you please share what connection you have discovered the Vagus Nerve has to your symptoms? It has only taken me about 3 years to finally figure out I have Sjrogren's Syndrome and suspect the Vagus Nerve may play a role in my symptoms. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.