Can Sleep apnea cause heart problems fast heart rate

Posted , 3 users are following.

i stay here thought about my heart palpitations started with my sleep i always talk and my sleep and reatless legs promblemsi sleep with my month open lol anyways my body feels so relax when i fall asleep i wake up in have heart palpaitations in can be sometimes high as 134 but the thing is years ago i took sleep aid meds to go sleep longer in i be so realax that i wake up Air gasping for air every time but no heart raceing i been feeling like that lately everytime i go sleep im relax in then my heart wakes me but now i have heart palpaitation threw out the day think this can be connect im not over weight

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I guess a lot of this is best discussed with a doctor, and they might want to put you through a sleep lab where they video or monitor you overnight.

Some of these things can change with age, get worse - or sometimes get better!

Meanwhile, always good to check on the old standards, diet and exercise, to see if there's something there you can improve. Anything there you'd care to discuss?

• Posted

according to my doctor it does. if you do a sleep study it will show if your getting enough oxygen at night. If the oxygen levels go down according to my doctor can have heart palpitations during the day. good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.