can some please tell me it gets better?

Posted , 4 users are following.

at this point i just wanna hear that my skin will go back to normal at some point... and by some point i mean like in a few weeks...

did anyone have it and is completely back to normal right now? and if so, how long did it take your skin to go back to normal?

i hate this sad

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

It does get better! Only 5 days ago I was crying non-stop because it was so bad and thought it would never go after having PR for a month. (I posted a thread on this website not so long ago - have a look!) I had it all over my stomach, my breasts, my ribs, my back and it was starting to spread down my legs and arms. 

Now i can say my skin is nearly back to normal! I have a few faint marks left and a bit of redness but no-one would notice without looking closely. It receeded over the course of two days. I was so relieved. I'm just hoping now it doesn't return....

I am not sure if it just went on its own or if it was from the many treatments I tried! I definitely think using sunbeds made it better. Steroid cream from my doctors helped and I also took benadryl a few times. I didn't see any improvement from using head and shoulders unfortunately. I found sudacrem was much better. My doctors were absolutely useless and had no idea what it was, stick to internet research or go to a dermatoligist.

Hope this helps and hope you get better soon too. 

• Posted

I've been using head and shoulders and using Eucerin lotion. It is fading a lot and I know it's going away but I just can't wait any longer. Warm weather is coming and I want to wear shorts and go swimming!! I want to try the sun beds but I'm a little nervous because my dermetologist said it might turn the rash into brown/dark spots that might be permanent. What happen to you after you used the sun bed? No brown spots? (I think he might have said that to discourage me because he is VERY against UV light) Should I just try it?

As for covering the remaining spots, you could try leg makeup! I picked up Sally Hanson leg make up at Walgreens. Unfortunately I'm very fair and even the lightest tone still made me look orange haha 

• Posted

Thank you for writing back..... I think that what I need most right now is encouragement and to be reminded I'll have my normal skin back soon. Sometimes it's hard to stay positive with this!!! Hope you get better soon too- keep me updated!! 
  • Posted

Hi, mine started just over 2 weeks ago, after  week of sobbing , I took action. Try this because it has worked for me. Vitamins for hair,skin and nails. Zinc as this assists immune system and speeds recovery, vitamin c. Eat plenty of fruit- strawberries, raspberries, blueberries. Some natural Sun. Just 10 min.PR has almost gone, very faint now. Don't use anything fragranced. But keep skin moistured. Drink plenty of water.
    • Posted

Thanks I will try the natural sun tomorrow because it's rainy here today lol 

I find that in some areas using Eucerin helped and in others it seemed to irritate it. What lotion do you use?  

I'm also trying Epsom salt and water mixture  because Epsom salt promotes healing. I'll let you guys know if this works. 

i just picked up a liquid spray skin foundation from sephora in my skin tone to cover the marks so I can wear shorts as it gets hot. 

Thank you so much for the advice! Hope you get better soon. 

• Posted

Hi 

I had PR about 3 years ago and for the most part my skin is completely normal very occassionally i get the odd mark appearing but it  is very faint you hardly notice it . i have heard it's fairly uncommon for it to come back and touch wood i haven't had a serious break out since the first occassion. My circles used to be really red after coming out a hot shower or bath but would calm down after a few hours I had the herald mark for about 2 months before the main rash broke out but once the rash appeared the whole thing disappeared within 5 weeks. Don't loose hope your skin will go back to normal :-)

• Posted

Hi Bethy,

I don't know if this will be any help but I got diagnosed with this about 2 months ago. Totally freaked me out as I'm getting married in a few months so went into the standard panic as it continued to spread. I did two things and it really helped. One I went on a sunbed a couple of times which I'm not sure how much it helped. Secondly I used chamomile oil on the herald patch and the other main areas. You can buy it at places like Body shop and I literally just put a few drops on the bad patches. It really started to make a difference and dry the patches out. Within a few weeks everything then started to clear up. Also I genuinely believe you need to try and not get stressed about it as that doesn't help.. I know easier said than done. Anyway, I am not sure if that just worked for me but mine is completely gone now so maybe worth a try? Let me know if it helps.

Good luck!

• Posted

Thank you for the advice! I am already past the drying out stage though... but if I get desperate I will try the chamomile oil (mine needs to be clear in 4 weeks for my job, which I think it will be because I am 3 weeks in and it already has disappeared in many places). Where did you buy the chamomile oil? I know you said a body shop, but would a place like Bath and Body Works sell it? Or maybe a health food store like Back to Earth?
  • Posted

Hi, I am on day 14 of this rash. I started treatment with a prescription 7days into it and this is the 6th day.  The rash began to dry up within 24 hours.  I have dark skin and the spots are fading also.  I don't like to look at it because I have never ever had anything to invade my body like this before.  I know how you feel, but hang in there because it gets better.  My prescription is for Elocon Cream...I have the generic version and I am very pleased with how it works.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.