CAN SOME PLEASE TELL ME WHY SYNTHROID ONLY WORK FOR A COUPLE DAYS?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So basically I have been suffering with fatigue and brain fog for a couple years I'm 19. I recently got put on synthroid 50 mcg to see if it would help my TSH was 3.3. With in a couple days I felt a lot better especially in the afternoon. But after awhile it didn't work even though my TSH was at .9. I begged the endo to rise dose but she wouldn't. So I went to another endo who did. Onice I started to take an extra 50 mcg I felt even better almost normal. BUT THE FEELING ONLY LASTED A COUPLE OF DAYS then I started to feel horrible again. Then I got my TSH check and it was at .2!!!!! I was hyperthyroid.

SO MY BIGGEST QUESTION THAT COULD CHANGE MY LIFE IS.

does anyone know why snythroid could only be working a couple days after a take it? Could it be related to my adrenals and theres a compound in snythroid that helps my adrenals for a couple of days?

I so desperate for an answer because I feel like im dying everyday from fatigue. But the I get a second wind around 7 or 8pm and I feel normal but can't fall asleep.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello

Your TSH level is low how was your other levels T3 and T4. My endo took me off synthroid because she said my TSH is 5.83 she said it's just a little higher than what's normal .5-5.0 now new normal 4.0 and she said me being on thyroid medication will make me only depended on thyroid medication for life and make my heart palpitation I was recently having worser. I had iodine treatment last year because I had 2 nodules so 1 of my nodules were killed and the other has decreased in size. So do you really need thyroid medication are you taking synthroid or levo thyroxine. I've been off synthroid for 3 days now and I have been feeling so much better no brain fog or chest pains. I was hyper but now hypo. So check your results on your other levels.

• Posted

That's what I was thinking also... placebo effect.   As to you Jackson and Chiffon40, my endo told me that most patients feel better with thier TSH around 1.00.  I am noy at 0.81 and he said that it's perfect and I feel great for once.  I think for Chiffon40, your doctor should have never taken you off meds with your TSH at the higher normal level.  Especially if you are symptomatic.  I would look for another endo if I were you.  But yes.. my endo was right because I felt awful until my TSH got to around 1.00.  But then again.. I guess everyone is different.  He said most do.. not all.  Another thing that has helped me I take is Ashwagandha.  It has really made a difference in how I feel.  It has givin me better energy and a happier feeling.  Maybe do some research on the herb and see if it would benefit you.

• Posted

Hello,

I asked her about that and she said my levels are not severe enough because once a person goes on synthroid or levo they possible end up taking them for life. Now she said if my TSH was 10-30 then she would be concerned but up to 5.0 use to be the normal range for thyroid levels. now I think it's up to 4.0. I only had 2 nodules which the iodine treatment killed 1 and made the other decrease in size also I don't gave graves or hashimoto. So I don't think my thyroid issue was as severe as others because now it's been 4 days and I have no anxiety, heart palpitation,tremors or sleepness nights. So the endo I have she does blood work every 2 months and schedule ultrasounds. So I know everyone body is different but that medication was making me sick levo/synthroid. Also I now think I was premenopausal because it has the same symptoms as hyper/ hypothyroidism. So be careful with the thyroid medication your going to have to find out what works best for you.

• Posted

Oh..Okay.. I understand your situation now.  At least it's going back down some now on it's own.  My endo started me on meds when my TSH was 7.  At that high I had pretty sever symptoms that disrupted my daily life.  I couldn't even imagine waiting until my TSH was 10 to 30.  But I also had very high antibodies for Hashimoto's.  But I guess evryone is different.  Yes.. your endo is right in that if you start the medication to lower your TSH, that you would probably have to continue them for life.  I see you are in good hands!  Best wishes to you..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.