Can somebody help me evaluate my test results?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi! Im a swedish girl who has suffered from hypothyroidism for several years, or at least so I think. I have been on medication since December 2012. Right now, 100 micrograms of levothyroxine a day. As dockors in Sweden are very unaware of how to treat this I search the internet a lot.

Last time I had these results.

TSH 0,04

T3 6,8

T4 16,8

Are these results good? Please help me understand smile

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

How do you feel? Thats more important than blood test results.
  • Posted

I think its hard to tell exactly how I feel though.. Last summer I felt like crap for a long time and finally the test showed that I had to get more medicine. Since then I feel better but im not sure that i feel exactly perfect since it was a long time since that i felt that way. Does that sound weird?

• Posted

And since its hard to get any real investigation and help here at the local clinic and they are refusing to send me to a endochrinologist i thought that someone maybe could help me to understand the results. The thing that i wonder most about is if the T3 looks fine or if i should try and get some extra medicine for that? Like Liothyronin?
  • Posted

According to the levels here in Scotland they do not like one to be higher than 2.4 for T3, your T4 is pretty much in mid range but the TSH is below the normal range. I also think it pretty important to go with how you feel. Do you have T3 medication and T4 like me? I have been much better since I had both I no longer get terrible headaches, the T3 only 10mgms daily along with 100mgms T4 keeps me feeling good 95% of the time, better than 150mcgms of T4 although they should be almost same. The T3 has a shorter life within the body but kicks in quicker. I think everyone with a hypothyroid problem is never going to be 100% all the time. Life's demands do not come steadily at us so the artificial response is not as good as a fully funtioning thyroid gland. MaggieW

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.