can somebody please help mw with my poo??!

Posted , 3 users are following.

hey guys n gals..

i like to sound up beat even tho poo ruins my life daily!

recently started CBT sessions to control my hypochondria which have been going swimminlgy yet the stool observing obsession still hangs over me and i cannot for the life of me shake it off!

basically i started experiencing soft bowel movemnts n smelly n undigested food n flat n what not. i went to see my GPwhile back and the doctor told me i had ibs... which i felt i was being fobbed off with (as anyone with HA does) so iw alked out feeling helpless.. cut a long story short since i started CBT i feel my poo situation has improved. im 22 might i add

i exercise a lot i eat better (during the week.. weekends i treat myself)/. and usually in the morning my poo is deemed to be what id label as perfect. it comes out in one piece its a good colour and its round and long PERFECTION in my eyes. however the second of the day which is normal frequency for me BUT its  flat. not like paper flat but its definitely got a distinct flatness and curve to it.. which as you can imagine causes me all kinds of worry. 

this is all getting too much and my anxiety is so low but its slowly creeping up and up and up. ive a doctors appt next month which i was reluctant to make as i was keeping away from the docs office as part of my self cleansing from HA (within reason obvioudly if something was definitely wrong or obvious i wouldnt let my pride stand in the way!). 

but yeah my flat stools are intermittent as im not doing them all the time and there is normal stools coming out daily apart from weekends when they can be soft and or flat both times.

no weight loss, no blood, no pain other than a sore bottom and blood on tissue when i wipe which i link togethar from cheap toilet paper and the sore/itchyness of my butthole! like i said im 22 and consumed with poo worry so can anyone relate or kinda put my mind at ease?

sorry its a bit of an essay much love and peace to all x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like u have itch it scratch it around anus so need some cream for that ask chemist

try using andrex or baby wipes don't flush them put in a bin wrapped they are softer and will stop allergy it

as u r going twice a day seems not to bad more water maybe

• Posted

The scratch part I kinda Sussed BUT it's the thin stools that really bother me! No GP seems worried...
    • Posted

It will also be ibs which is triggered by stress and anxiety. The doc isnt guna risk their job. If there not worried them u shud try not to either. Its horrible i know but i can honestly relate to u as i have every symptom u have and more. Ive also bin to docs numerous times over the last few years bout it.

..ive had tests and even fingers up their of the docs and alsorts lol. Its mean health anxiety i hate as ive had a good few years now and im having counsilling sessions and anti dep tablets. I would love to just be normal but just like any other illnes and bad things that get thrown at us we just have to fight it head on. Ur guna be ok im sure. Chin up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.