CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE STUDY THIS SO WE HAVE A CLUE WHAT TO DO NEXT?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been going through the forum for PE's and it's like a nightmare...I had one 3 weeks ago and the pain is bad and they told me it looks like it should "heal" in 3 to 6 weeks but 3 to 6 weeks of this pain is something i wouldn't wish on Bin Laden it's really bad and the personalities that we have to deal with in the ER rooms are mostly good but they don't understand to put us on that morphine or hydro 10 or delada or what ever pain relievers we NEED because everyone is under the same "blanket" of wanting pain meds to get high...Are you frickin serious you think i got up at 2am and drove all the way over here to get high on some pain pills....triage nurses please use your brains when dealing with individuals who are under PE's 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there sandeep...  sorry your feeling the way you do.. as uv been looking through the forums on PE you may of come across mine lol... I had them (multi) PE two years ago, and I know what you mean at the hospital, they told me I was very lucky that I’m still here, as I could off died with it, wonderful... but they seem to still treat you as tho it was a cold u got.. I’m on apixaban for life now, and two years down the line, my breathing is no better, so they have been doing test to see y, so no nit good.. my consultant told me that it would take around 3 months to heal from blood clots, so sounds like all say diffrent, but I do understand how u feel 🤗x

• Posted

Hey dawn thanks for your reply.  The pain was so bad when people ask me about it i can't explain it to them it's definitely subnormal and the only people who understand are individuals who have had PE's that's why i'm in this forum.  You guys are like my family in the illest of ways lol.  I hope you  get better and things get on the right foot for you be sure to check back in with me any time if you have gripes or want to talk to someone who knows your pain.  take care

• Posted

Hi There,

?Here's my experience, If it wasn't for a switched on triage nurse I may not of been here today. I presented to our emergency department with my normal angina chest pain, I didn't have any of the " text book " Pulmonary  Embolism pains, however I did have a sore calf muscle, I thought I had pulled/strained it whilst working, you know moved or turned the wrong way suddenly, it wasn't getting better after around 4 days so I mentioned it to my GP on my next scheduled visit, he agreed after taking a look that it was most likely a strained muscle, if not better in a week to go back. 2 days later I was taken to our emergency department with my normal angina chest pains, as I have mentioned, the triage nurse asked why was I walking so slow and limping, so she pulled up  the bottom of my trouser leg and saw that my leg was puffed up from the knee all the way down past the ankle and was hot to the touch, the nurse said to me that she was actually more worried about my leg than my chest  pain so I was taken straight through to a cubicle. Troponin and D - dimer blood test was ordered, troponins came back negative but the D - dimer came back extremely high so a contrast CT Scan was ordered and the found multiple blood clots in both lungs. Was admitted to hospital, from memory only over night, we couldn't come up with a cause other than a suspected DVT in the calf muscle and the clot broke away and moved to the lungs, however to find that many in both lungs they weren't sure if indeed it was a DVT that caused it, I was put on Xarelto but due to not being able to tolerate it I was then put onto Predaxa and was told I had to be on it for life, I asked why for life, they believe I am easily susceptible to them for some reason or other.

?Now as for the pain relief side of things I am on endone for my type of angina, works well, keeps me out of the emergency department unless I feel different, as in if the pain goes up into the jaw or the endone isn't working I go to our emergency department. My GP said to use the endone for the P E  pain as well, as down the track I did start to get pains in the back, once again worked well and still on this pain relief. My GP had also told me, depending on the severity of the blood clots they can take anywhere from 6 months up to 2 years to fully resolve. I was fortunate enough that our emergency department kept tabs on my PE and did follow up testing, 12 months later I am now clot free and no signs of any DVT's  but I apparently must continue to take blood thinners for life as they seem to think it's hereditary / I'm susceptible to getting them.

• Posted

Samuels thanks for your reply. I am in the same boat as your i had a DVT in september in my leg it got all swollen and my ankle swelled up.  So they put me on Lovonox shots and then coumaden then in december they told me i didn't have to take them any more and i was like ok... then 40 days later i had a PE in my left lung and it could've killed me but i recognized the pain from the september episode and went straight to ER.  Now i am on Pradaxa for the rest of my life and the pain seems to be going away and my father died of a stroke at 55 so they think it's hereditary.  I am only 41 and in extremely good shape and like to workout and take my dogs on strolls.  I am feeling like 85% normal these days and i had my PE 4 weeks ago.  I am hoping things work out for all of us who have experienced the PE thing.  There isn't much literature on it but i know every one heals differently.  I believe it depends on when you get to the dang doctors or ER.  thanks for sharing with me and i hope you continue to do well with your blood clots and everything else.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.