CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS

Posted , 3 users are following.

My thyroid scan last day..technique used.Thyroid scintigraphy in the anterior and bilateral anterior oblique views was acquired 20mins after injection of 244 mbq Tc-99m pertechnetate

IMPRESSION:

Right thyroid lobe with normal planar morphology and dimensions

Decreased tracer activity in the lateral aspects of the left thyroid lobe probably due to parenchymal thinning or focal fibrosis..

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

im hyperthyroid last october..stated tapazole nov 1..5mg 3times a day..december bloodtest in range already but have symptoms until now..went for a radioactive thyroid scan..thats the result.

ive also done ultrasound with a small nodule

• Posted

sounds to me like you are going through the vicious cycle my Endocrinologist said I

was starting to go through. I opted to kill my thyroid, and just take a pill the rest of my life. I had it done this last Thursday. Now I am going through some aches, but was told this would happen, but not for long. I had options, and found this to be the best for me.

I wish you well. Speak to your Endo, or doc and ask for options

Hope you do well.

• Posted

wow congratulations you have it done already..hope for your fast recovery...for me i dont know what to do..i have symptoms..my endo told me to observe..he thinks it is thyroiditis..from 5mg methimazole 3times a day..down to 1 time a day 5mg..

• Posted

Thank you. I still feel the same but it is supposed to get better gradually over time. Just knowing that makes me feel better. I do wish you well my friend. We can do this. Stay positive!

• Posted

arlea sorry to disturb you..i know youre resting..can i know do you have symptoms of dizziness almost all the time..sometimes worst..sometimes a little when you were hyper..cause thats my 1st symptom

• Posted

lightheaded, and times when i felt I was going to fall. Then I went hypo.

I just felt awful all the time. The toughest part was the long wait until one day i called my Endo and said when are you going to kill my thyroid?

Thankfully, I got a call from the hospital last Wednesday, and they asked me when do you want to come in? I Said tomorrow! They said ok, is 11:00 am good, I said, oh yeah! i still feel horrible, but knowing that within 4 weeks, I will feel better, and be put on medication.

I can do this. Keep bugging your Endo until he/she does something for you!

Hope this helps. I am here, so anytime you need someone, know I am available. ok?

• Posted

i forgot to ask you is your hyper from graves?..and you become hypo because of methimazole? am i right

• Posted

yes it was Graves. Yes, on Methimazole. Keep your seat belt on. This is a long journey for some of us.

• Posted

Hi Ed, May I ask if your hyper also from graves? What's your TSI number?

• Posted

yeah mike..i only have anti tpo test.. 0.73 value must be less than 5.61...

this test was done when my hyper bloodtest was at the worst...so im not taking any atm that time....

so no inflammation from hashi or graves..is that right

• Posted

So your hyper is not caused by autoimmune disorder? What's the diagnose of your thyroid issue?

• Posted

impression of my ultrasound

normal sized right thyroid gland with small complex nodule measuring 0.55 x 0.46 x 0.35cm

normal sonogram of the left thyroid gland

• Posted

endo told me to decrease methimazole from 15mg a day to 5mg a day...to observe till march..he said could be inflamation or thyroiditis...

• Posted

does my tc 99m thyroid scan shows im not a candidate for RAI?? because of decrease uptake?? my endo told me nothing about the scan..just says maybe thyroiditis..

• Posted

im hyper why decrease uptake..cant understand..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.