Can someone answer this quickly please?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does it matter if I don't take Sertraline at the exact same time of day? I was meant to take my 1\2 a tablet at 8:40 but I forgot to take it and instead I took it at 9:30. Am I gonna be okay?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

It's only my fith day on this stuff.
  • Posted

Hi it's ok that it's not the exact time I'm on 175mg sertraline and I take it at different times when I remember lol

You'll be fine honestly xx I hope this helps

• Posted

Thank you, I'm a bit of a worrier, I really shouldn't read the leaflet that comes with these tablets lol.
    • Posted

It's ok to worry about new things,it's usually best to take at regular times but to me it's never made much difference and iv been on sertraline 5 years xx
  • Posted

It's best to take it at the same time but one hours difference won't make any difference. Yesterday I took my pill four hours early due to ease/circumstances. 

You'll be fine smile

• Posted

And what about Propranolol? Quite often I take my Propranolol an hour or two late and I don't take it at the exact same time that often because I keep forgetting or I oversleep because I've had a bit of trouble sleeping with this anxiety.
    • Posted

Can't help with that 1 I'm afraid as I don't use it but I'd say the same thing as the sertraline,I take 3 different types of meds a day and I never take them on time I start off with the intention to but daily life and anxiety sometimes makes you forget x
    • Posted

It is fine to take Propanolol at different times, it won't make a difference
  • Posted

Google "half life" of the drugs.  That is the time for your body to get rid of half the drug. For example if you have  100 units in your blood , that will become 50 units after one half-life. After a further half-life it will be 25 units, and so on.

If you compare the half-life with the delay in taking your tablet you will see that one hour will make very little difference to the level of drug in your blood.    

• Posted

hi

​some even take there medication in 2 parts half in the morning and half in the evening, propranolol can be taken as and when needed

• Posted

Only a doctor can answer your question about Sertraline? Phone your doctor's surgery immediately!
    • Posted

This man wants cast iron reassurance. He won't get that here, it can only come from an unimpeachabler source. So its necessary.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.