Can someone explain Mri Results in English

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had migraines for years. And last year had issues with getting dizzy and week and feeling like going to pass out when I get up from setting and would have to set down my legs would get really wobbly and start sweating and seeing stars and like everything is spinning. If I set back down for little it would go away then it started doing same thing when standing to long. My hands are oils go numb and tingling and my legs and feet  so off and on. Then about a month ago we went to dinner and when leaving  I had and episode everything start spinning and I got really week and faint feeling and  went to set down and passed out just for a few seconds. When I came back I was shaking really bad and my arms was jerking by there selfs. It felt like electricity shooting though my arms and legs. My head was pounding and left arm num and fingers tingling and neck and jaw hurt. I was little confused at first . It lasted about 5 min and Iwent away.  I was really tired  funny feeling and week after. I went to bed and next day was ok tell that night.  I was playing with my grandson and went to stand up and felt the same feeling and blacked out again and feel. Again when came  same feeling as the night b4. My husband took me to Er and they said did not have heart attach and blood work good. I was really tired and weak after and sleep all day the next day. On Monday I went to my doctor  I had throbbing head ache oin back of head and on right side and can hear me. Heart beat in my right ear like under water. It hurts worse to lay down and if anything touches back of head hurts. Took migraine medicine and nothing. . Info they sent me a cardiologist and neurologist. Cardiologist did eco stress test and heart monitor for week and all is good. Neroligist  he said it was migraines had changed. I told him this is not a migraine it is different.did MRI and the report read... Within the subcortical corona radiata white matter of the right temporal lobe just above the right basal ganglia, there is a rounded focus of T2 prolongation measuring approximately 4 mm. White matter lesions are the result of gliosis, edema, or demyelination. Most commonly, these are the result of gliosis due to chronic microvascular ischemic disease. However, white matter lesions have also be seen in the setting of prior trauma/infection, demyelinating processes, and in patients with migraine headaches

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

You’ve got a 4mm lump of brain that isn’t normal in the right side of your brain. We called this a white matter lesion. They then postulate as to the cause.

Have you had an MRI before? 

From your history. You have orthostatic intolerance and on occasion orthostatic syncope. The question is why. 

Have you had your BP measured sitting and standing? Are you underweight? Do you drink enough water? Are you taking any Meds? Have you noticed having to pass urine more frequently?

• Posted

I am at my ideal weight.  I do drink water In do not take any medicine and my blood pressure does drop from setting to standing . I am having to go to restroom more often. I did check my sugar and it is good. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.