Can someone explain my Abdominal CT scan results to me

Posted , 1 user is following.

25M 6'1 133 lbs White Non Smoker or Drinker. Been having bad GI symptoms for about 2 weeks, elevated billirubin was present and light signs of Jaundice.

The doctor in the ER said it was "perfect" but im having bad GI symptoms including left side pain thats bad. The pancreas paragraph was what had me perplexed. Ill put the impression at the bottom as well. What exactly does any of that mean in layman terms? is there an issue with my pancreas area? Did they see something on it or am i misreading the findings? terms are too technical for google to be of any help My main question is, is it saying there is possible inflammation around the pancreas, but no issues within the organ? Scared of Pancreatitis but petrfired of Pancreatic Cancer. Does this indicate either of those, i cant tell if its saying the inside of the pancreas looks ok or not.

Thanks

CLINICAL HISTORY: Diffuse abdominal pain.

TECHNIQUE: Enhanced CT of abdomen and pelvis was using 100 cc of IV Omnipaque 350 without oral contrast. Sagittal and coronal re-formations provided. CT dose reduction: Automatic exposure control.

COMPARISON: None.

FINDINGS: Clear lung bases. Visualized heart normal size.

Nonspecific mild periportal edema, main portal vein is patent. Liver is otherwise unremarkable. Gallbladder is contracted. No intra or extrahepatic biliary ductal dilatation.

Indistinct peripancreatic soft tissue fat planes, edema versus insufficient intra-abdominal fat, correlate clinically for pancreatitis. No abnormal parenchymal enhancement or ductal dilatation.

Spleen, adrenal glands and left kidney within normal limits. Absent right kidney, possibly congenital without postop sequela.

Decompressed urinary bladder. Prostate and seminal vesicles within normal limits.

No bowel obstruction or focal inflammatory changes. Appendix normal. Decompressed appearance of terminal ileum rather than mural thickening, however, limited. No ascites or fluid collection. Normal osseous structures.

Initial preliminary interpretation was rendered by Teleradiology Solution services and is in slight discordance with final interpretation. Variance placed in PeerVue folder.

IMPRESSION: Correlate clinically for the remote possibility of pancreatitis, insufficient soft tissue fat planes for definitive evaluation of inflammation.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.